What is the purpose of Grains?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the purpose of Grains?

Last edited by venfayon; 03-11-2014, 09:31 PM.

Do you think that plants were invented for animals to eat?

Grains are seeds, ya know, how plants reproduce.

Comment

Grains for humans to eat were just there. I don't know what they were thinking back than but the first human who ate grain would probably have been really hungry and tried something new.
      I think that he found out that he could eat it and felt very full by it so ate more when he was hungry…

(I'm just guessing here but grain in a easy form of a lot of calories, so it's easy to feed a lot of people with it)
      My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

The "purpose" of grains is to pass grain genes into future generations. In other words, genes that build grains that pass their genes on to future generations survive, while those that don't, don't.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It's not about purpose. It's about competition. As different groups of cells evolved they were either able to consume nutrients and multiple faster than the other cell groups could eat them or be never more.
          Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

Originally posted by venfayon View Post
            In nature, what is the purpose of grains? Humans have trouble digesting grains and back in Grok's day, they probably didn't have the knowledge to strip wheat and make it into flour and bake cookies. So besides the obvious uses for wheat. What is the purpose of grains in nature? Is it for birds to fly down and peck at and eat?
            Let me guess...American public education system, amirite?
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________
            Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
            End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

Comment

Originally posted by Eureka5280 View Post
              Let me guess...American public education system, amirite?
              That's not nice. It's incredibly hilarious. But it's not nice!
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by MarkChopper View Post
                Do you think that plants were invented for animals to eat?

Grains are seeds, ya know, how plants reproduce.
                Well, fruit kinda was. But yeah.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                  Well, fruit kinda was. But yeah.
                  Well, even an apple tree doesn't want to be eaten by termites...
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It's part of the ecosystem, it's purpose is to reproduce. Same as any other life form.
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Well, even an apple tree doesn't want to be eaten by termites...
                      Perhaps your 'beard' isn't really a beard after all? Maybe it's a cluster or termintes, or spiders floating on water?

https://vine.co/v/h9PBY0Z2DIz

Food for thought.
                      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I am not sure I understand the question, but unripe cereal grains are easy enough to chew on, and after the snow fall/dirt is frozen, dry cereal grains along with nuts and acorns etc would look pretty darn attractive. Grains and seeds are not an 'unnatural' food source, it's the over-abundance & artificial components that make it detrimental.
                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                          I am not sure I understand the question, but unripe cereal grains are easy enough to chew on
                          If you like gastroenteritis

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                          and after the snow fall/dirt is frozen, dry cereal grains along with nuts and acorns etc would look pretty darn attractive. Grains and seeds are not an 'unnatural' food source, it's the over-abundance & artificial components that make it detrimental.
                          Grains are annual plants that only grow where there's been basically an ecological catastrophe. Agriculture is basically the simulation of ecological catastrophes year after year.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I think birds and mice eat them. Then we eat the birds and the mice. Not so much mice because cows are easier to catch.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              I think birds and mice eat them. Then we eat the birds and the mice. Not so much mice because cows are easier to catch.
                              Plus, you can't milk a mice.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X