• What did you eat today?

For dinner today I had....

One carrot
    One banana
    One mandarin
    One avocado
    Some bacon
    Two boiled eggs

Ever since I went primal I have stopped using recipes and just eat the basic food like this. It feels free and satisfying!

Some.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Grass Fed steak
      Roasted Cauliflower
      Salad
      Green Apple, Almond Butter and some coconut

If I wasn't married with kids I'd more likely just have a salad with proteins tossed in.

Comment

Paleo crab cakes and cabbage apple salad, some 90% dark chocolate for dessert.

Comment

For today's dinner !

egg
          apple
          popcorn
          chocolate
          mcchicken
          double cheeseburger
          soybeans
          green onion
          rice

Comment

Love these kinds of threads!

Started the day with a bulletproof coffee
            Munched into a grass-fed porter house and some mini capsicums and goat's cheese for lunch
            Was hungry in the arvo so had a small bowl of grass fed mince on a bed of kale
            The kids wanted indian so I had a yes day. Had some lamb vindaloo and pea and paneer curry on about half a cup of rice. Body said no to rice very fast!
            Some water and ended the day with a vodka, agwa and coconut water mixed drink.
            FULL!

Comment

Yes, Jazzmama, they are fun and inspiring. Make me come up with new things to eat!

Today I had cabbage, carrots, avocado, mandarins, two potatoes, coffee with milk, tea, and (expensive) sausage made of elk meat. Also gave away some elk meat and reindeer meat to relatives.

Originally posted by endless View Post
              Paleo crab cakes and cabbage apple salad, some 90% dark chocolate for dessert.
              I didn't know there were paleo crab cakes! I will have to look them up.

Comment

-GF meatballs and tomato sauce.
                -2 Bananas with almond butter.
                -Coffee.
                -A big GF steak boiled in some homemade pastured chicken broth.
                -A bowl of that broth, wow did that make me feel amazing after working in single digit temps for a few hours.
                -And some nighttime tea to wind me down.

It was getting late and I had nothing defrosted, so I threw together the steak and broth and let it cook.... I am a sucker for nice sear marks and all of that caramelized meatness, but boiled meats are just so easy, juicy, and tender!

Comment

Pulled pork shoulder over California blend of veggies ....probably like two pounds as I had seconds.
                  6 Crab stuffed mushrooms and medium potato with lotsa butter and Greek yogurt on it.

Comment

Pinto beans, for the first time in many months. I didn't get around to cooking them as soon as I thought I would, so I ended up doing the soak-and-rinse for four days straight. Next time, I'll see if I can get them to sprout, just for the hell of it.

The final scrag end of the ham my mom and stepdad gave me (It was a gift from his boss, but they don't like ham). I have now eaten my full allotment of ham until next holiday season.

Broccoli. Because after ham and beans, some lightly-steamed broccoli seemed in order.

Comment

For supper I made venison meatloaf with squash inside it, and a baked red potato, plain.
                      Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                      34yrs old, 5'5"
                      CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                      GW: 135lbs or less
                      Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

Around mid-day I had about a cup or more of pureed pumpkin mixed with vegan protein powder (Sun Warrior) - Baked, so flipping good, I am addicted!

For my evening meal I ate about 16 ounces of trout (steelhead and rainbow) and loads of spaghetti squash, kale, bok choy, spinach, leeks and cabbage with a glob or two of coconut oil.

So flipping good! ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik W View Post
                          Yes, Jazzmama, they are fun and inspiring. Make me come up with new things to eat!

Today I had cabbage, carrots, avocado, mandarins, two potatoes, coffee with milk, tea, and (expensive) sausage made of elk meat. Also gave away some elk meat and reindeer meat to relatives.

I didn't know there were paleo crab cakes! I will have to look them up.
                          I found a recipe in Instagram, really easy. I can of crabmeat, one egg, 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper, 1/2 cup almond flour, fresh ground pepper and splash of hot sauce ( I used sriracha). Well browned both sides in ghee, then finished in the oven for 15 min to make sure they are cooked through. Next time I might play around with the seasoning but they were pretty tasty!

Comment

Yesterday's menu:

Egg, bacon, avocado, bell pepper and mushroom scramble (not really scrambled, I try to preserve most of the yolks).

B.A.S. with roasted rosemary chicken.

Grass fed porterhouse with asparagus and mashed cauliflower

Half a cup of blueberries with cinnamon and a few almonds

I even feel good when I type the foods I eat...

Comment

For lunch there was some salad and beans - neither of which I ate much from (the vinegar used for the salad dressing has msg and several other 'ingredients' in it....)
                              For dinner I will be having leftovers from yesterday's venison and I am going to turn the bone broth I prepared yesterday into the stew that I'll be serving tomorrow (have some lovely beef, root vegetables and spinach so far).
                              What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

Working...
                              X