Bulletproof...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulletproof...

Does anyone here drink bulletproof coffee?

Yeah, I do

Comment

Oh no, now you've summoned the devil. I suggest you use the search function so that you can get a preview of the arguments to come.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
        Yeah, I do
        How do you like it???

Comment

Love it! I make one every morning. I put a heaping spoonful of coconut oil in 16 oz of coffee, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of pure vanilla extract and an egg. Hit it with a stick blender for about 5-8 seconds. Comes out perfect every time!

Comment

The color of real magic sinful coffee should be BLACK, or as close to black as possible, same as diet coke! Beware of drinking coffee that isn’t black enough, especially in the AM, just saying…
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
              The color of real magic sinful coffee should be BLACK, or as close to black as possible, same as diet coke! Beware of drinking coffee that isn’t black enough, especially in the AM, just saying…
              You have something against brown coffee, Gorbag? I didn't take you for such a vile racist!

Comment

Yep, I have to admit my racism here; black is better in the world of coffee…
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Just like with chocolate everything that is more white stuff than black stuff is just no good !:

Though i have to admit I both enjoy some cappuccino once in a while.
                  What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

I drink it occasionally. Usually 2 cups black coffee with 1 Tbs coconut oil and 1 Tbs butter. Its delicious I just don't make it often

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by ColeTrain View Post
                      I drink it occasionally. Usually 2 cups black coffee with 1 Tbs coconut oil and 1 Tbs butter. Its delicious I just don't make it often
                      I also use bp coffee in these proportions sometimes. Any more and I feel pretty nauseous.
                      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Not specifically because bulletproof coffee as prepared by its inventor has a lot of fat in it. But I have replaced the two tablespoons of half 'n' half I used to put in my coffee with a teaspoon to a half tablespoon of coconut or MCT oil (or occasionally butter). Good mouthfeel, one less thing to buy at the grocery store.

The pure fats change the taste of the coffee less than cream products do, while leaving a heavier mouth feel that some people miss when they go to black coffee. That's just my observation, and ymmv.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
                          I put a heaping spoonful of coconut oil in 16 oz of coffee, with a sprinkle of cinnamon, a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of pure vanilla extract and an egg. Hit it with a stick blender for about 5-8 seconds. Comes out perfect every time!
                          I follow about the same recipe - the egg really does a great job of emulsifying the CO so you don't have an oil slick on top.
                          I have one every other day, on the mornings I run. I find on the other days, when I lift at the gym, I don't burn off the fat buzz as well. Takes me 4-5 running miles for the fired-up furnace to burn down.
                          Click here for my hiking and backpacking Youtube Channel

Comment

I tried it once with just a tablespoon of coconut oil, and it was not for me. Tasted like a weird coffee broth. I'm sticking with half and half, and heavy cream.

Comment

Once you go black...
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                              X