Bulletproof...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer bombproof tea.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by venfayon
      I love it. I got into roasting my own beans, this way caffeine is super fresh. Sometimes I buy Robusta green bean (30-40% extra caffeine compared to Arabica beans). Give it a light roast. For me, I didn't use to drink coffee and when I made bulletproof coffee, the caffeine lasted 10 hours.
      That's pretty interesting, a slow reléase effect from the fat! I have also heard people tell stories that eating a pound of butter together with alcohol gives a comfortable buzz that last a couple of days after drinking...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Yeah, actually once I tried black I realized it's just as good as with cream in it.

Lately I put a square of dark chocolate and some cocoa powder in my coffee. It's like black mocha.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

BP coffee is awesome, I have been having two a day for over a year. I have 2tablespoons MCT Oil, butter or pure cream, 3 espresso shots. I don't blend it, I have a thermos mug and I just shake it.

I don't understand the people who say they try and avoid the fat in it, that's the whole point of it.

Comment

Been doing a coconut oil and Kerry gold version for the past two months. Makes me feel great. It's quick, tasty and the fat really satisfies my hunger, easy way to "cheat" an intermittent fast. My wife has recently started doing a tea version and likes the energy and had some easy weight loss with it as well. I just bought some "upgraded self" beans, I doubt they'll make me superhuman like Dave Asprey says but I thought they were worth a shot. Looking forward to trying MCT once I run out of coconut oil. Try it!!!

Comment

Have tried twice now in AM. 2T butter, a big heaping T coconut oil. Tried to blend with stick blender Wednesday and bought myself a brief cleanup job, this AM I just melted the oils in microwave and poured the coffee on. Worked fine. Just a bit hungry in AM but went till lunch no prob, felt very energetic. Considering making this a habit!
              10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
              Now: low 150's, 33" waist
              Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Comment

I do not.

Comment

I have heard of BP coffee.. but this is the first time I actually looked it up to see what it was..

Basically, really strong coffee mixed with butter or ghee??
                  Does it have to be the BP brand, or can you use any coffee?

Comment

Originally posted by pjefferson View Post
                    I have heard of BP coffee.. but this is the first time I actually looked it up to see what it was..

Lol. I could have written this myself and was about to!

Im going to try this in the next few days. If any coffee is ok...

Does it matter if the butter is salted? I have organic butter but haven't found unsalted organic butter.

Does the stick whisker thing make or break it? I can get a cheapy for the purpose but dont need another item in my house unless it does magic to the coffee!

Would you use this as a meal replacement? If so, why?
                    Last edited by earthlymumma; 01-03-2014, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Not blended per se, but I do put butter in my coffee, and sometimes coconut milk.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by earthlymumma View Post
                        Im going to try this in the next few days. If any coffee is ok...

Does it matter if the butter is salted? I have organic butter but haven't found unsalted organic butter.

Does the stick whisker thing make or break it? I can get a cheapy for the purpose but dont need another item in my house unless it does magic to the coffee!

Would you use this as a meal replacement? If so, why?
                        Any coffee is fine. Unsalted butter is preferable, because it tastes better and is basically cream. Stick whisker helps keep it emulsed better, but if you have a closed-top travel mug of some kind you could shake it together occasionally. (They're $12-20 anyway for the little stick aerofrother things, which isn't terrible and I still use it now for my various mix-ins)

Should be some form of meal replacement, in that you don't eat breakfast and also 300+cal cup of coffee.

---

I don't do BP coffee anymore for many buzzkilling reasons, but my takeaway from it is still adding a little MCT oil to my cup. (Along with gelatin, sugar and milk)

Comment

I prefer salty butter...
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                            I prefer salty butter...
                            I prefer it as well, with my food.

Surely a disclaimer doesn't need to be added to every post saying that everyone's tastes and preferences are different! BP guy "recommends" unsalted.

Comment

I drink about 1 cup of coffee a day, I should probably go back to BP that way I get some good cocount oil.
                              Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by pjefferson View Post

Any coffee will do. I actually don't like the "upgraded" coffee. A friend ordered some. She didn't like it, so sent the rest to me. It tasted sour.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X