Flax Milk?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax Milk?

Anyone heard of this? Tastes great just curious if it's beneficial. ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1388556697.768954.jpg

Anything flax (seed) is full of omega 6 so not very beneficial.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wayyyyyy too much PUFA.
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
        Anything flax (seed) is full of omega 6 so not very beneficial.

No. Flax (aka linseed) is full of omega 3, but the form that is poorly used by animals. So relatively nutritionally poor and toxic if heated so oxidised

There is no reason to drink it
        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I had it once, pre-MDA. Back then I did all my shopping at Wal-Mart and I saw it on the shelf next to the soy milk (oh noes). Thought to give it a try. It did taste good, but I evidently got the last one ever, as I never found it again.

Wouldn't drink it these days, though!

M.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
              No. Flax (aka linseed) is full of omega 3, but the form that is poorly used by animals. So relatively nutritionally poor and toxic if heated so oxidised

There is no reason to drink it
              It has almost as much Omega 6 as Canola oil. I agree..no reason to drink it.

Last edited by oceangrl; 01-01-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Cows also make milk....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

While we're on the subject of seed milk, I saw the other day that my local Big Lots carries a rice "beverage" that includes Canola (or similar cooking oil). Weird.

M.

Comment

Gross. Don't try to make plant products into fake animal products. Eat actual food.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Unsweetened coconut milk, go for that. Or unsweetened Hempseed milk. If you must have milk at all, that isn't unsweetened grass-fed/finished milk!

Comment

Working...
                      X