Light, easily digestible foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light, easily digestible foods

I have to go for a medical test next week and need to 'eat lightly' leading up to it. In the past I'd have considered a 'bland' or light, digestible food to be oatmeal or toast.

Any suggestions for primal foods that are most easily digestible?

Berries, Zucchini?, baked pumpkin?, broth/ stock, cooked veggies?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

I think in most medical tests they just don't want you to overeat on anything that could mess with certain levels in your blood like carbs (sugar) or too much fat so I second the broth/cooked veggies suggestion. Maybe a nice soup with homemade chicken stock and plenty of vegetables. That could keep you full and also be light.
      Mmmmm, darn. Now I have a craving for chicken soup.

Comment

What makes a food hard to digest, anyway?
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

coconutmilk
          Get on my Level
          http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Stick with liquid foods.
            My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

I would think that plants are the hardest thing to digest..
              ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
              ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Comment

To me, the animal protein and high starch veggies would be the most difficult to digest.... More to break down.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Eggs? Smoked salmon?
                  "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                  ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Comment

Thanks for these ideas. Chicken soup sounds good, and veggie soups, maybe some eggs. It's clear liquids only on the actual day before but it seems wise to avoid things like nuts.

Funny thing is, I munched out on some pork crackling over the last couple of days and my tummy has been better than usual ...lol...

Comment

Working...
                    X