Need a quick list of vegetables.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a quick list of vegetables.

The wife is going shopping tomorrow and she wants a list of food. I have everything so far except for the vegetables. I've got so far:

Mixed greens
    Spinach
    Asparagus
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Eggplant
    Carrots
    Avacados
    Peppers
    Green Beans

What else should I tell her to get? Are peas primal? I know no potatoes (I'm low carb), corn, and beans.
    "Live Free or Die"

Cauliflower!

That is all.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Broccoli and cauliflower! Cauliflower mash is a great substitute for mashed potatoes... still hearty, buttery, and delicious
      Brussels sprouts are amazingly nutritious, and delicious if you roast or saute them.

Comment

don't forget the squash! our favorite "side" dishes are made from butternut and spaghetti squashes. mmmmmn.

Comment

Duh I forgot brocolli and cauliflower. Those two and the brussel sprouts should round out the list.
          "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Originally posted by yaslind View Post
            don't forget the squash! our favorite "side" dishes are made from butternut and spaghetti squashes. mmmmmn.
            I have squash at home already but thanks.
            "Live Free or Die"

Comment

By pepper I suppose you mean capsicum - just remember the red have the most nutrients.
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

jalapeno, habanero, hatch chilies; broccoli, kale, mustard greens, broccolini if you can get it, berries if you want something sweetish, celery, green onions, ginger...
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

romaine lettuce, cucumbers
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

For quickie meals, get a bag of cole-slaw (already cut up cabbage and carrot mix) and a bag of broccoli slaw.

Comment

What about white or yellow onions?

Comment

Are yellow/white onions ok to eat?

Comment

I eat yellow/white onion all the time. My food would be boring w/out it

Comment

peas, as a legume aren't primal.

I loooooove kale, collards, occasional beets (not lc), beet greens, broccoli and eat them all just about daily.

Also love cucumber, tomato, avocado salad sprinkled with dulse (specific type of seaweed).

Best,
                            K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

thanks barefoot paul, wasn't sure if they were too high in carbs

Comment

Working...
                              X