X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really good read

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2EK...SlE/edit?pli=1

and the site of this man, The Health Satori Project - Home

he has done experiments with (raw, organic, grass fed) beef and eggs to test cholesterol, not drawing any conclusions. he has also done blood sugar and fasting glucose experiments, for example eating only bananas his fasting glucose went down. I think his experiments are nice, because this man is beginning at the basics and not misinterpreting correlation for causation like so many scientists are.

The article is all about real science, real results.

Nobody? It's worth your time.

Comment

Looks excellent so far.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

The first link you posted goes to pretty much nothing.....FYI
        The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
        SW - 192
        CW - 180
        GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

The first link you posted goes to pretty much nothing.....FYI

I will read his blog more when I have time.....
          The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
          SW - 192
          CW - 180
          GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

You lost me at "eating only bananas." Eating only bananas is never a good idea. Try eating actual food, like a human.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Haha yea I shouldn't have said that. It's not that I do anything like that, I am eating real foods. Like a human. I just didn't know how to explain this blog of a man who has tried eating a lot of different diets (not for weight loss; for science), for example only bananas or only raw (organic, grass fed) meats and eggs, to be able to measure the exact changes in insulin sensitivity, cholesterol etc. Turns out eggs DO raise cholesterol, the only problem is scientists having misinterpreted these results. He explains and gives examples of how hard it actually is to be a scientist, because there are so many factors influencing your results, apart from diet only. I think it adds dimension thinking about things this way.

Comment

Working...
              X