No announcement yet.

Chest Pains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? I was stressed before and didn't experience this. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating grains again and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's throw the breathing techniques in the closet and actually think about it please.
    Last edited by LivingHealthyLove; 01-02-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LivingHealthyLove View Post
      I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? I was stressed before and didn't experience this. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating grains again and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's throw the breathing techniques in the closet and actually think about it please.
      Originally posted by LivingHealthyLove View Post
      I've experienced chest pains since going paleo as well. They disappeared when I started incorporating some grains into my diet. I noticed that mentioning chest pains is taboo on this forum (I've searched through a few threads). As you've already seen, it's written off as heart burn or just all in one's mind. I doubt you or I are imagining it. I literally had to stop what I was doing sometimes because I couldn't ignore the pain. I've experienced it and I'm sure others have as well. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it addressed by the paleo gurus like Mark Sisson and Robb Wolf. I wish it would be. IMO it is a direct result of going paleo. I didn't start exercising like a mad person or experience increased stress. Even if stress is a factor.. why the chest pains now?? You were stressed before. As an experiment, I slowly started incorporating more grains and poof.. the chest pains were gone. Now, can someone answer the question.. why is op experiencing chest pains months after going paleo. I have the same question. Let's not avoid it by saying it's all in one's mind or writing it off as heart burn. Let's actually think about it please.
      Can you explain what I the grains you are eating would be stopping your chest pains? Just the carbs or something else?

Were you very low carb when you were experiencing the pains? If so, did you try increasing primal carbs or just go straight to grains?

I can't think of any vitamin or mineral deficiency that would cause chest pain, that you could get from grain but not from a primal diet.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
      X