Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In deference to old uncle gorby he did stipulate a few things for this post to even be relevant if we read logically....

1. You are overweight and actually trying to lean out
    2. You are stalled and not progressing with your goals
    3. You do frequently ADD fat/oils to your regular meals

So yeah, those additions very well can add up. Especially if you have fully embraced eating head to tail and not only choosing those dried out husks of lean muscle meat.

Sure our ancestors prized fatty cuts, and they would make things like pemmican and such. Heck I even recall a deer hunter reporting that his deer meat was like 70/30 after he had the processor grind the viceral/mesenteric fat into it!

So yeah, fatty meat and bone in cuts = Primal.....Pounds of butter and oil...maybe not so much and particularly if you are stalled.

So there ya go. I'm more or less with ya gorby

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      excess carbs will be converted to palmitate(saturated fatty acid) via de novo lipogenesis.
      But Palmitic Acid is an arterycloggingsaturatedfat! D:

I need to go re-read on de novo lipogenesis. I feel like every time I learn something I forget something else that's important. It never ends. Clearly need more tea.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        In deference to old uncle gorby he did stipulate a few things for this post to even be relevant if we read logically....

So yeah, those additions very well can add up. Especially if you have fully embraced eating head to tail and not only choosing those dried out husks of lean muscle meat.

Sure our ancestors prized fatty cuts, and they would make things like pemmican and such. Heck I even recall a deer hunter reporting that his deer meat was like 70/30 after he had the processor grind the viceral/mesenteric fat into it!

So yeah, fatty meat and bone in cuts = Primal.....Pounds of butter and oil...maybe not so much and particularly if you are stalled.

I think that is exactly what he is saying and exactly what you are saying. I agree wholeheartedly.

leave it to the same people to read things out of context/with their own deluded twist on things and then attack the message and stir things up. this is a pretty common sense post, which clearly weeded out the people who lack in that department

Comment

Originally posted by cmjg7517 View Post
          I've seen photos of you, and I think I'd listen to advice given from a handful of other guys on this forum before I'd listen to yours---Mr. Anthony and Knifegill come to mind specifically.
          Hehe, you sound like a “smart” guy if relying on advices from people that look the best, but I seriously don’t care what you do or not do or whom you take advice from! And I am not going to post any new photos of myself in this thread to “compete” with those other excellent posters that you mention…

This advice is meant for people that has stalled on their weight loss after going primal and that still want to lose their last pounds of stubborn fat. So instead of changing their diet, counting calories, rigid portion control, just try to remove some added oils used for cooking or whatever. Take away 2-4 tablespoon of processed fats/oils per day and you will very likely start losing body fat again!

So take it or leave it guys, it’s just an advice…
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post

Sound good Neckhammer! People usually get enough fat from their meat so why add oils to it when stalled and still want to lose weight? Cooking without added fats and oils is no big deal and I doubt that Grok used processed oils for cooking...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Seriously; get rid of added oils and fat!!!

Originally posted by cmjg7517 View Post
              I've seen photos of you, and I think I'd listen to advice given from a handful of other guys on this forum before I'd listen to yours---Mr. Anthony and Knifegill come to mind specifically.

I'm not drowning in olive oil or butter, but cooking eggs in WATER when I have ghee in the house? Nope. Thanks for the unsolicited advice though.
              Wtf. Gorbag looks good. Unnecessarily mean response to someone who was trying to help.

And how are you looking then?

-------------------
              Shit people on this forum... Gorbag wasn't trying to be mean. He was only offering some things to try out if one stalls in weight! If you feel like he is personally attacking you then you are paranoid.

If you are looking like Mr. A while chugging the fats or if you are steadily losing weight he isn't addressing you. Go EAT MOAR BACON.

Lighten up. So many personal attacks lately.
              Last edited by turquoisepassion; 12-20-2013, 08:43 AM.
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

If I want to drop more weight (could drop 10-15lbs) I don't need to drop down on the fats intake....I have to drop the wine/alcohol.
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

I disagree with most of Gorbag's advice in the fitness section, but there's nothing wrong with his post here. His suggestion would probably help for someone trying to lose those last few lb of body fat. He wasn't trying to insult anyone.
                  In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

It's not about getting rid of fats. It's about getting rid of empty calories. Fats and oils are useless calories. Same thing goes with refined sugar. Eating tablespoons of coconut oil isn't much smarter than eating tablespoons of white sugar. It's lots of calories, little nutrition.

A 54oz jar of coconut oil easily lasts a year for a single person. If you're going through a jar every few months cooking for only yourself, you should reevaluate your diet if weight needs to be lost.

I will not cook my scrambled eggs in water. However, 1/2 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil is enough to cook a perfect omelet in a cast iron pan. That should be on everyone's list - GET A GOOD CAST IRON PAN. I recommend Lodge brand. A good cast iron pan makes cooking without adding lots of fat simple. I bake/broil/roast most of my meats, outside of a good seared steak, so I do very little frying and sauteing. I recommend that for everyone.

I'm fat though so my opinion doesn't count
                    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                      I disagree with most of Gorbag's advice in the fitness section, but there's nothing wrong with his post here. His suggestion would probably help for someone trying to lose those last few lb of body fat. He wasn't trying to insult anyone.
                      Yeah, I am sure that you very much disagree about my choice of shorts and doing dumbbell curls in the squat rack!

And to everybody else that feel that I have insulted them by my post, just continue to do whatever you are doing or take your dietary advice from this guy instead;

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Seems like the no-fat folks are ecto-morphic males.

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo View Post
                          Seems like the no-fat folks are ecto-morphic males.
                          I am not a male.

It isn't no-fat. It is low-ER fat.
                          ------
                          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                            What I'd like to know is WHO is this thread targeted at anyway, and isn't it a bit chickensh-t to attack someone in such a passive-aggressive way?
                            Actually, as much as it pains me to say, I think this thread could be directed to me! ;-) I've been primal for about 3 months (not that long, I know) and I was adding fats to things. While I feel better in general, I was recently wondering why my breasts might be getting bigger. I swear, I think the fat is making me fat(ter)! LOL! Usually when I've "dieted" I lose weight in my chest first. This WOE is having the opposite effect. So I think I'll drop the extra fat (bulletproof coffee, por ejemplo) and see what my body does. I was already considering it and then I saw this post and thought I should definitely work on this. We'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                              I am not a male.

It isn't no-fat. It is low-ER fat.
                              it's actually temporarily lowering fat to break through a plateau. so even more tame than all of the drama queens are making it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                                Yeah, I am sure that you very much disagree about my choice of shorts and doing dumbbell curls in the squat rack!
                                It just seems counterproductive to curl in the squat rack .

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X