Full fat or low fat yogurt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full fat or low fat yogurt

Which is better...full fat or low fat yogurt?

I eat the full fat. I seem to tolerate dairy just fine and the full fat tastes so much better.

Comment

I eat full fat everything. I see no reason to pay someone to remove energy and nutrients from my food. Here is a recent post by Mark on some benefits of full fat dairy vs its neutered fat-free versions....

Dear Mark: Full-Fat Dairy Roundup | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        I eat full fat everything. I see no reason to pay someone to remove energy and nutrients from my food. Here is a recent post by Mark on some benefits of full fat dairy vs its neutered fat-free versions....

Dear Mark: Full-Fat Dairy Roundup | Mark's Daily Apple
        Thanks...probably go with full fat and see how it works for me.

Comment

We only buy full fat, although I only use it to cook with. My wife has for breakfast daily.
          I drink Kefir, but can't find a full fat, clean product without added Vit A. The one brand I want doesn't have anyone selling it in my area. So I drink a low fat Kefir with no Vit A in it.

Comment

can't get full fat here... supermarkets are only offering low fat or half full fat...
            Teh only full fat yoghurt you can get here is Greek yoghurt and I really don't like the taste of that.
            My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Don't really eat yogurt but what's your guys fave brand?
              My interesting paleo weight loss blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                Which is better...full fat or low fat yogurt?
                Low fat tastes like crap. Anything above 3.5% fat is way better. Unlike Marielle above, I enjoy drained greek style yogurt. I can find up to 10% fat which I give to my kids (it is very creamy but fills you up quick). I like the 6% fat ones for myself, in which I add 3Tbsp of raw potato starch and let ferment a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Heyo Jay View Post
                  Don't really eat yogurt but what's your guys fave brand?
                  Nancy's organic...Nancy's Organic Yogurt

Comment

I buy Cabot. I haven't seen any other full-fat Greek yogurt in our area.

Comment

Dannon is my full fat go-to, when I can cycle my ass down to the only store that carries it (large containers). Otherwise, I can get Fage in small containers, like single serving.

I was making my own a while but I need a better setup. Crocpot method I've been using takes too much time, something I don't always have.

I also only eat strained yogurt, because the mouth feel is 100% awesome.

M.

Comment

Big tub of Fage 2% is my staple (full-fat is rare to find). There are single cups of whole yogurt but it's (a) pretty expensive and (b) not strained and I typically buy yogurt for the protein dose so Fage suits me. I'm slightly irked at how many brands don't offer a single unsweetened version.
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

For eating cold, I like 0% Fage or Chobani Greek (but it's not recommended for Primal because it's not full fat). For cooking, I don't have a brand, but I buy the stuff sold at the farmers' market. The goat guy sells lowfat, but the one made from cow's milk is full fat. Lower and zero fat yogurts seem to break up if I try to cook with them.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I live out in the boondocks, where the grocery stores only carry the most conventional stuff.

So for yogurt, I make my own. Which is easy to learn (just google around for how-to advice). And you can tweak it the way you want. I make mine out of coconut milk -- full fat.
                            I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
                            Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I like full fat Greek Gods & Straus but haven't really bothered with yogurt much since I got my whole-milk kefir operation humming along. I've got it dialed to where the stuff comes out as thick as yogurt...but with far more depth & subtlety of flavor.
                              6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
                              ― Søren Kierkegaard

Comment

Working...
                              X