Food rant AHHH!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food rant AHHH!!!

Working my job and eating primal is so damn hard. The guys always bring TONS of food in to eat and today it was candy. Not just any candy all the damn candy I love. Gummy bears, sour patch kids, sour watermellons, skittles, starburst, twizzlers etc. So I got to stand their during our meeting and just watch people devour candy. I know if I ate some I wouldn't stop so I just didn't eat any. Yesterday we had 8 dozen donuts and god knows what tomorrow will be. AHHHHHH ok I'm done.
    "Live Free or Die"

Bring something Primal, yet disgusting to others (I'm thinking some kind of rarely seen organ meat), and bring it to the meetings. "Sorry. I just need something to take my mind off of all the candy you guys eat."

Comment

LMAO I would but I don't eat organ meats and it would just gross me out. Great reply though.
      "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Cow tongue! Cow tongue! Cow tongue!

And slap somebody in the face with it if they display their candy to you.
        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
          And slap somebody in the face with it if they display their candy to you.
          +1
          Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Just think "poison poison poison!" and imagine a skull-and-bones on all that poisonous sugar.
            Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

since it's obviously fine to pig out during a meeting (gotta wonder about how productive that is...), bring something to eat... and don't forget extra to share!

Comment

Originally posted by twinmama View Post
                since it's obviously fine to pig out during a meeting (gotta wonder about how productive that is...), bring something to eat... and don't forget extra to share!
                We pig out every damn day. Especially on the weekends. I brought some jerky and although it was good that candy looked and smelled Fin fantastic.
                "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Due to cost cutting coffee and biscuits stopped being offered in meetings where I work some time ago, but occasionally they are offered and I find a plate of biscuits right in front of me. I have been known to pull out some mini cheeses to eat instead, but fortunately snacks are not considered part of meetings these days. Their health must be terrible (or soon will be) if they can't get through meetings without mainlining sugar every day.
                  My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                    Cow tongue! Cow tongue! Cow tongue!
                    +2.
                    Bring a cooked whole tongue and a knife to work with you...just slice off pieces as they're eating their crappola.
                    Maybe bring some spicy brown mustard ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by jo View Post
                      Due to cost cutting coffee and biscuits stopped being offered in meetings where I work some time ago, but occasionally they are offered and I find a plate of biscuits right in front of me. I have been known to pull out some mini cheeses to eat instead, but fortunately snacks are not considered part of meetings these days. Their health must be terrible (or soon will be) if they can't get through meetings without mainlining sugar every day.

Lol no they are not in good health we have 13 people on my crew and before I lost 68 pounds (I'm 185 now) our total weight was around 3200 pounds. Out meetings are very lax considering we have them every day at the begining of our shift, but I digress. My rant is over thanks for listening.
                      "Live Free or Die"

Comment

lol.... we need a permanent sticky 'rants' thread I think...

Comment

I've just been at a half day conference. Croissants with coffee before the start and cake and coffee on offer in the break. I was very good and had the two mini cheeses I had taken with me. No healthy options at all.
                          My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

This is 'real life' in the U.S.--unfortunately. I'm retired now, but when I was working, I handled that stuff by just reminding myself that it was poison for me and totally abstaining. It's the only way I could deal with it. I just drank water when everyone else was eating junk.

Comment

We had a long meeting at the end of our work day yesterday, and apparently since it was at the end of the day and my boss figured because people were staying past their normal time it was okay to have beer during the meeting. We have "beer Friday" every Friday afternoon, so I'm used to that, but this was Thursday. So, there I was, sitting through an hour-and-a-half meeting, with a big box of fresh bakery cookies on the table, and everyone slogging beer, while I sipped my green tea.

Funny thing was, I felt very detached about it. Not even slightly tempted. The most irritating thing was that as people were on their second bottle of beer, I noticed they became more aggressive than they were at the beginning of the meeting. I wasn't too impressed, honestly, and actually struggled not to feel too superior. LOL!

Side note: Since I cut alcohol completely out of my life back in February, I have been able to stop my blood pressure medication completely. I had no idea that a couple of glasses of wine in the evening was affecting my BP negatively. I actually thought it was helping. Who knew?

Comment

Working...
                              X