Should you eat dessert first?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you eat dessert first?

Last edited by venfayon; 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM.

THink it would kick start your insuline...wouldn't eat it first though.

Comment

Good restaurants here often have a local cheese selection as one of the dessert options.

Comment

I don't think a dessert would stimulate your appetite for real food. If anything, it would stimulate the appetite for more dessert.

Comment

Sugar makes you hungrier for more sugar, and also more of everything.

I'd just not eat desert, it doesn't serve any purpose.

Comment

Why would you want to trick your body in to overeating? Are you underweight?
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

What kind of restaurant are we talking about? If it's fine dining, then no, save dessert for last, if you have room. If it's not fine dining, then no, just get the pork chops or bone-in steak (as long as there's a bone, you know it's not meat-glue) and save dessert for last and share it with the whole table because it's probably just something disappointing like mud pie or whatever. If it's fast food, WTF dude?
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

Comment

why are you needing to stimulate your appetite when you go out to eat? are you not hungry?
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by venfayon
                    I was just thinking because most restaurants give you too big of portions that desert first would help not have the doggie bag.
                    My husband I usually split our restaurant meals. Otherwise, I'd just eat half and take the rest home. Not sure why overeating is better than taking the food home and having it later, especially if you aren't actively trying to gain weight. If nothing else, it's more cost effective.
                    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                    (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Originally posted by tarek View Post
                      I don't think a dessert would stimulate your appetite for real food. If anything, it would stimulate the appetite for more dessert.
                      Mine balances itself. If I have a sweet meal I'll want something savory next, if I have a savory meal I'll want something sweet next. That's basically how all my meals go, sweet/savory/sweet/savory. Eating the all meat and vegetable diet was a failure and eating the all fruit diet was a failure, even though I only done that for 2 days.

I think people are setting themselves up for failure or disordered eating by denying themselves sweet foods.

Comment

Originally posted by venfayon

My weight is where I want it. I was just thinking because most restaurants give you too big of portions that desert first would help not have the doggie bag.
                        if you're not trying to gain, i still do NOT see the point of forcing more food in your gob than your body wants or needs. eating primal helps regulate your body's appetite and satiety signals. disregarding that is how you get fat.

unless you're spending $100+ per person ALL american restaurant portions are too damn big, why do you feel compelled to finish a pig-plate AFTER a giant pile of sugar/flour/butter?
                        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Unless you've opted for a fixed price option because it puts an expensive restaurant within reach, dessert isn't necessary after every single dinner or supper. It's a habit. And kind of an odd one if you think about it. We eat what for many people is the largest meal of the day, and then follow it with a sweet. It's fun occasionally and it might be great at some restaurants, but it's totally not necessary, and if it triggers hunger after a large meal, it becomes unhealthy.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

And then on the other hand, if what you really want is the dessert, then just go and have the dessert. Once in a while, for a treat. Nobody's going to make you order a meal if what you want is dessert.

Comment

I've never had a problem finishing my plate, and I almost never get desert.

Comment

Working...
                              X