Vegetarian Friends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetarian Friends

I went over to some vegetarian friends' house tonight and had *gasp* bean and corn chilli for dinner.

I really don't feel bad. I mean, physically. Mentally, the whole time I was thinking (to quote Bobby Lee) "COOOOOORN!!!!!!!" while sirens blared in my head.

Ever do something you think is really going to throw you just to shrug about it later?

-写
    Little Saiyan

Heh I'm sure you'll be just fine. It takes a lot to break a human being, especially one who eats good food.

Vegetarians live longer huh? FFS why is it that every vegetarian I know eats grains, soy, and sugar like mad and warns me that the pesticides in my meat are unhealthy, even if it's grass-fed because apparently there are environmental toxins that land on the grass that the cows eat and that bioaccumulates and is slowly slowly killing me, apparently. *facepalm*

The biggest dangers to human health are not those poisons which the body treats as enemies but those poisons which the body mistakes as sustenance. And probably GMO corn and soy. If you star growing hair in weird places and dogs get sick after licking your hand you should probably see a doctor. I think you're fine though.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

It's funny how society dictates that you must understand people who are vegetarian, but not the other way around. I myself would not hesitate to say "Sorry, I don't eat plants."
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
        If you star growing hair in weird places and dogs get sick after licking your hand you should probably see a doctor. I think you're fine though.
        lol... the dogs ; )

Comment

Most of our friends are vegetarians and when we get invited to their homes, I usually eat the home-cooked traditional foods and avoid the store-bought/processed/gluten stuff.

Comment

............. there are environmental toxins that land on the grass that the cows eat .........
            But the fields of wheat, maize, and soy have a roof over, right?

Comment

lol, NMG
              challenge yourself
              i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I don't know, I dont really think going off track for one meal or one day will hurt you much in the big scheme of things Personally just started experimenting with carb refeeds and did my first one yesterday, eating a box of rice krispies, white rice, several baking potatoes and even some oats with honey. And I feel perfectly fine, except for a bit of bloating. Obviously back to primal again today

Comment

Whoa! Thats a lot of carbohydrates... more than I ate before primal! Wildness Keep us posted on how it 'works...'!
                  Thanks guys. I don't believe it 'threw me off' even a bit, and I enjoyed it anyway! I miss beans. It was a dinner worth shrugging off!
                  Little Saiyan

Comment

For me Sunday dinner with my family is my 20% for the week. I still eat mostly meat then but I do have dessert sometimes. I find that it helps keep me much more strict during the rest of the week though.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                      But the fields of wheat, maize, and soy have a roof over, right?
                      The principle is that an animal accumulates far more "toxins" over its lifetime by eating huge amounts of vegetation than the equivalent calories from a plant that has accumulated less. There are more of these "toxins" per calorie of beef than per calorie of corn. Kind of like how there is more mercury in tuna than in sardines.

Not that I'm the least bit concerned about any of this. Like I said, our livers and immune systems are quite baller but they need to be fueled, supported, and not undermined by faux nourishment. And really we're looking at negligible amounts of benign substances. I think that the whole green and natural hippie, sometimes vegan mindset makes far too many unsubstantiated assumptions and treats them as fact, perpetuating a dogma of wishful thinking and arrogance.

Comment

The principle is that an animal accumulates far more "toxins" over its lifetime by eating huge amounts of vegetation than the equivalent calories from a plant that has accumulated less. There are more of these "toxins" per calorie of beef than per calorie of corn. Kind of like how there is more mercury in tuna than in sardines.

Not that I'm the least bit concerned about any of this. Like I said, our livers and immune systems are quite baller but they need to be fueled, supported, and not undermined by faux nourishment. And really we're looking at negligible amounts of benign substances. I think that the whole green and natural hippie, sometimes vegan mindset makes far too many unsubstantiated assumptions and treats them as fact, perpetuating a dogma of wishful thinking and arrogance.
                        See, if this is something the actually fear then you can have a little fun.

Nod your head in agreement, open your eyes in wide eyed amazement at their vast, and superior knowledge, shake your head in symapathy over their great great moral advantages, and their shrewd, and benevolent decisions for the good of all life on earth.... and then start stoking their fears about the toxins THEY'VE consumed, or been exposed to in their life times, hype up the dangers, mangnify their insecurities, and overblow every insignifagant ache pain, or mild discomfort they experience, and urge, urge, urge them to adopt even stricter, more pure, more "cleansing" life styles... Convince them, that yes, it really is time that they did the Master Cleanse again... or maybe the Ejuva Cleanse (because it's expensive), and then...then when they're weakened, broke, and twitching in pain from the slightest stimulation after having consumed a diet of nothing but organic alfalfa sprouts grown in colloidal silver, and oat straw enemas cultured with hunza keifer grains homeopathically imprinted with the image of Sai Baba... LAUGH IN THEIR PALE MALNOURISHED FACES... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! (You have to do this laughing in the classic gloating villian pose, feet planted wide, hands on hips, head thrown arrogantly back from the force of your malicious laughter...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! See like that.)

And you thought I was only joking about being a Sith Lord, didn't you?

Comment

yeah the other day I was at my husband's grandmother's house and she made pork chops with corn on the, cake, and bread. So I ate pork chop and ended up eating one ear of corn because I figured out of all three (cake, white bread, and corn) that the corn was the lesser of 3 evils...
                          March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                          Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post

Nod your head in agreement, open your eyes in wide eyed amazement at their vast, and superior knowledge, shake your head in symapathy over their great great moral advantages, and their shrewd, and benevolent decisions for the good of all life on earth.... and then start stoking their fears about the toxins THEY'VE consumed, or been exposed to in their life times, hype up the dangers, mangnify their insecurities, and overblow every insignifagant ache pain, or mild discomfort they experience, and urge, urge, urge them to adopt even stricter, more pure, more "cleansing" life styles... Convince them, that yes, it really is time that they did the Master Cleanse again... or maybe the Ejuva Cleanse (because it's expensive), and then...then when they're weakened, broke, and twitching in pain from the slightest stimulation after having consumed a diet of nothing but organic alfalfa sprouts grown in colloidal silver, and oat straw enemas cultured with hunza keifer grains homeopathically imprinted with the image of Sai Baba... LAUGH IN THEIR PALE MALNOURISHED FACES... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! (You have to do this laughing in the classic gloating villian pose, feet planted wide, hands on hips, head thrown arrogantly back from the force of your malicious laughter...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! See like that.)

Hahaha, I love you, Darth.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post

Good idea. I will.

I wonder if they'll consider lectins "toxins". Probably not. They're "natural" after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X