ChocoTaco369, this is for you:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Why yes I can deadlift 275. PR'ed at a competition this weekend. There are at least a half dozen women at my gym that can pull 275 plus. They all have great asses.
    Video or it didn't happen. I demand proof. Seriously I want to see this shit.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Magnolia does conditioning. So do I. I also lift weights, although my numbers are not as stellar. It's harder in your 40s. Recovery gets to be an issue. I can squat 145 x 4 so far. I pressed 65 x 4 on Friday. I still feel destroyed from it today, Monday. I can only lift weights 2x a week because there's not enough recovery days in between otherwise. As for conditioning, urinary incontinence becomes an issue when you are an older woman, even if you never had children! I have to pee in between pull-up sets even if I don't feel a need.

I find it curious that the appropriate diet should not be sweet, it should not be lettuce leaves, it should not be high in fat, it should not have chicken breasts in it, it should not be low calorie but it shouldn't have enough calories to provide appropriate nutrition for a full-grown human, it should make us hungry and it shouldn't make us hungry. Please do tell us what is the correct diet for us females that won't get us raised eyebrows that were doing it wrong. It seems that most things we do are all wrong. And lord help us if we find anything that does give us success because then we're told our success was wrong.

As for exercise, we should lift weights but we shouldn't do body building, we should run because that burns a lot of calories but running is what makes us fat and weak, we should do intervals but interval training makes us too stressed and full of cortisol which makes us fat, we should do yoga but yoga hardly is exercise at all. Please do tell us what is the right exercise because obviously we do that all wrong too.

Maybe, just maybe, nobody has a clue what a real woman looks like anymore. That grandma isn't going to win any bikini contests. Somehow it's okay when we get really old, then it's all "way to go." But until then it's tightrope we walk.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• If you are a female just train and diet the way Rachel Mclish does and you’ll be golden! Here at 58 years of age, and no I still don’t like fake boobs, but the rest of the package is acceptable for her age…

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

I think this link might work. No comments on form, LOL, I see what I need to work on. This was a full on straight up get it done thing.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

I think this link might work. No comments on form, LOL, I see what I need to work on. This was a full on straight up get it done thing.
            The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I figured as much.
              The girl who took them did not post them to You Tube.

Comment

• If you are really curious, email me on FB and I can share with you that way.
                Last edited by magnolia1973; 01-19-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                  +1 for pure awesomeness. but we really need pics, you know, for science and whatnot
                  I posted a couple pics on Moluv's Motivational Pics thread way back when. Haven't taken any new ones in a while. Getting pics with squat form requires a partner lol.

Comment

If you are really curious, email me on FB and I can share with you that way. Maggie Collister
                    You'll have to report back with many FB friend requests you just got flooded with.

Comment

• Gonna friend you then,
                      Magnolia! I am fb friends with a few mda peeps already.
                      ------
                      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I hope I friend requested the right person... XD
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                          I hope I friend requested the right person... XD
                          I sent one too - pretty sure it's the right person.

Comment

• hook us non-facebook folks up here people.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                              Why are people still posting in this thread? Why is this at the top of the thread list still?

There are A LOT of women on this forum that need to stop thinking that younger men are somehow a totally different species than they are and that the rules somehow don't apply. Maybe instead of using older age and gender as an excuse for why you'll never be everything you want to be, you should try to emulate the characteristics of the younger men you simultaneously obsessively love and jealously hate. Join a gym - a REAL gym, not Planet Fitness - pick up some weights and start doing what the young, attractive men do. Your attitudes might change if you stop using age and gender as a crutch to half-ass your goals and you actually see that older women can be pretty damn strong and lean if they TRY.
                              It's not that easy for them, Choco. If I spayed a female dog she's going to get fat. If I neuter a male dog he won't get fat. My niece had a female Aussie Shepard that wanted to hang out at my house. Problem was she ate our dog food and would bark all night long chasing the cows and deer. We chased her off so she would only come over after dark to keep us awake most nights. If she heard us she'd run out into the pasture to hide and then come right back. Because she had to travel a mile to our house I kept hoping the coyotes would get her. She finally disappeared.

Because she had pups my niece got her spayed. The dog was just as active and kept coming over the chase cows and deer all night. She still got fat.

I have a lab that my son, on a whim, got at college. It was too much dog for their yard so early on the lab ended up at my house. It's now my dog. At about 8 months of age he began roaming to the neighbors house so I got him neuter hoping it'd put an end to his going to their house. I guess that worked (it doesn't always). He is very active, doesn't go to the neighbors house but he goes to the woods and drags home cow bones and dead animals....and he eats like a horse. I swear he's trying to break me in dog food. And he is as normal looking as you'd expect, not at all fat. Why? What's the difference between my niece's spayed female dog and my neutered male dog? They're basically dogs without their sex hormones. Even without their sex hormons there must be something different between the sexes that regulates energy.

Using female rats, lab researchers have put rats on a CICO feeding to discover their maintenance caloric intake. Once that's determined they spayed the rats (take out their ovaries) and split the rats into two groups. One group (group A) gets all the calories it wants. The other group (group B) gets its measured caloric maintenance. Guess what happened? Both groups got equally fat. Why? How can that be and what's going on? The rats that got as much to eat as they wanted remained pretty active, they just ate more. The other group on the maintenance calories quit moving and began laying around. They'd only move to get something to eat.

Turns out (or this is what they believe is going on) estrogen has an inhibitor effect on fat cells' lipoprotein lipase (LPL). Once you remove the estrogen LPL pulls more calories into the fat cells. And that leaves a deficit in calories to the muscles....so group B began behaving as if they were in a concentration camp on limited caloric needs. They quit moving as much as they had before the spayed. It'd be interesting to see an experiment were maintenance calories are maintained for an A, B, and C group but ratios of fat, protein, and carbs are manipulated.

Smoking inhibits LPL Smoking depresses adipose lipoprotein lipa... [Eur J Clin Invest. 1990] - PubMed - NCBI. Most people who quite smoking put on fat.

None of this violates CICO but it renders it to nothing more than a high school physics argument. It describes what happening but it doesn't explain the cause/effect of why someone's (or some animal's) body fat regulation isn't working properly. Being obese is not a survival strategy.
                              Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

If you are really curious, email me on FB and I can share with you that way. Maggie Collister
                                You can right click on your FB photo, click on "copy link location" and then paste it here in a post.
                                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Working...
                                X