Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Grey Sea Salt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Grey Sea Salt?

Which salt is better Himalayan Pink Salt or Celtic Grey Sea Salt?

I'd buy whichever one's cheaper.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

the pink salt cause it's prettier!

but seriously. i read the pros and cons and magical abilities of each and went for pink, personal preference
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

I know that pink sea salt is nice. So I'd personally try the other one.

Whichever one you like and can afford.
        Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
        https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
        MFP Food Diary:
        http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
        (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

I have the Himalayan pink, but Maldon Grey flake is my favorite. It's comparatively inexpensive and if you use it as a finishing salt, your big ole rib eye will have a nice crunch.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm partial to Real Salt, a US-based company.

Their official website provides a comparison between Real Salt, Himalayan and Celtic.

Comment

Originally posted by Wieters View Post
              I'm partial to Real Salt, a US-based company.
              I have this in my kitchen right now but find I don't use it as much as it has some odd, gritty bits in it that drive me mad.

I like himalayan, but am currently using some mediterranean sea salt flakes I brought home from Spain. When that's done, I'll probably try the Celtic just to see what it's like.

OP, at the end of the day, you likely aren't using so much that one would offer any nutritional benefit over the other.

Comment

They're both fine. Mix it up and use both.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

`I like and use Maldon salt mainly, with some grey Breton salt at times. I love the pinks salt but it comes out of the grinder looking white like the others. So sad!

Comment

i vote both. i have 5-6 different kinds of salt in my pantry.
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Both. Either. There are tons of salts to try. Right now I have pink because I can get it in bulk cheaper and easier than grey.
                      5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Yeah, I have a variety of salt. They're all good. Don't overlook the black Hawaiian charcoal salt--it's killer on grilled meat.

Comment

Celtic Grey by Selena. I contacted them and another company--would have to look up their name--that made the Himalayan. The folks at Selena were amazing!!! If for no other reason, I'd purchase from them to support such an informative and helpful company.

Comment

Working...
                          X