Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does 50-100 grams of carbs look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does 50-100 grams of carbs look like?

I have some bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions in my omelet most mornings. I also consume carbs from yogurt (Greek full fat) with blueberries and I also eat some nuts (mostly almonds and occasionally cashews). Sometimes I'll have an apple or some strawberries, and occasionally/rarely I'll have some butternut squash or a banana. Without the squash and banana, am I consuming under 100 grams of carbs a day?

Thanks!

"Some" isn't detailed enough. Try using fitday, myplate, or chron- o- meter to figure it out.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Yes, you will definitely need to track the exact quantities you are consuming to know for sure. Are you eating one serving of yogurt, which according to the label is 1/2 cup which is really not much? Or are you eating a lot more? Are you eating a small apple (<20g) or one of those half-pounder frankenapples which easily exceed 30g?

Comment

So I thought this was like the site where it shows 200 calories of various foods, with pictures! ...it's not. We should do that tho! Anyone have pictures of 200g carbs of various carb-types? Would be educational!

Comment

Yeah, you're right...it's just different all the time. I just use a spoon to take yogurt from the container, but I know I eat less than a serving because a container lasts me longer than 4 servings. And when I make my omelet i just grab some pre-chopped veggies from a bag and throw them in the pan, it's less than a handful though...I guess I need to start measuring stuff...

Comment

etomaria, that's what I was hoping for actually! haha

Comment

Well, here's THAT link-- it's got several carb-y things (also various vegetable/fruit carbs)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-20...-look-like.htm

Comment

...but it's calories. and not carbs. just to note.

Comment

Sorry, no pictures, but the link here might be useful.

http://www.lowcarbyummies.com/carboh...nter-chart.htm
                  Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Thanks periquin! That's awesome!

Comment

Here's a list to go along with the link in my previous post. It is part of a handout we gave to patients.

Speaking of foods, not lead!!!

3 oz is about the size of a deck of cards
                      1 oz of cheese is about the size of a domino
                      2 tablespoons is about the size of a walnut
                      1 tablespoon is about the size of a quarter
                      1 teaspoon is about the size of a penny
                      1/2 cup is about the size of an ice cream scoop
                      3/4 cup it the size of a standard styrofoam cup
                      1 cup is about the size of an 8 OZ container of yogurt
                      Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

It sounds to me like the way I do things- without the banana or the apple, I would generally come in under 50 carbs.
                        With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

So, looking at that site, a question popped up-- for primal eating (paleo, whichever), do we only count net carbs? Or ALL the carbs? Should I ignore the fiber carbs?

Comment

Great Post!
                            Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

That does sound pretty low carb. Nuts are very caloricly dense as foods go and it's easy to over do them. So, if you're trying to lose weight then they might not be a great option for you.
                              http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Working...
                              X