Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 70-ingredient cancer promoting McRib: It's not real food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The 70-ingredient cancer promoting McRib: It's not real food

    http://www.minds.com/blog/view/25158...-not-real-food

  • #2
    The bun alone is enough to turn me off (trans fats = staff of life?)

    The sad part is it's fashionable for middle class folks to look down on McDonald's but the meat and bread at full service chain restaurants is more or less the same
    37//6'3"/185

    My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't go to big chain restaurants. If there is ever a time I go to McDonalds or something like that it's only for icecream.
      the thing they pass for meat in those restaurants are almost like rubber... no thanks.
      My story, My thought....

      It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        That article is pretty ridiculous. McD's may be crap but the frequent assertion that the ingredients will give you cancer is unfounded.
        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

        Comment


        • #5
          Holy wow!!

          Sugar meat on a fructose bun with some corn syrup sauce. McDiabetes Sammich…add a Coke and go all out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, I mean no shit everyone knows McRib isn't good for you, but for f's sake, cancer? I don't think so.
            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

            "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

            Comment


            • #7
              To be fair, why wouldn't we think McRib causes cancer though?

              Cancer is part of the MetS cluster. McRib increases the markers of MetS. Therefore McRib causes cancer.

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's what you do. I did this the other night to rave reviews.

                Get out the slow-cooker and put some pork tenderloin in there and let it go all day (with a little water.)

                When you get home from work, pull out the tenderloin and shred it with a fork. It should fall apart readily.

                Now, mix in some barbecue sauce. You might have to do this in a pan so you can heat it up if your sauce is cold from the fridge.

                Now serve this with pickles and onions just like you see on tv. For the non-paleos give them a bun. For you, just stick it in a bowl. Perhaps add some cheese if you like. So delicious! Grilled onions are good, too.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  Here's what you do. I did this the other night to rave reviews.

                  Get out the slow-cooker and put some pork tenderloin in there and let it go all day (with a little water.)

                  When you get home from work, pull out the tenderloin and shred it with a fork. It should fall apart readily.

                  Now, mix in some barbecue sauce. You might have to do this in a pan so you can heat it up if your sauce is cold from the fridge.

                  Now serve this with pickles and onions just like you see on tv. For the non-paleos give them a bun. For you, just stick it in a bowl. Perhaps add some cheese if you like. So delicious! Grilled onions are good, too.
                  Yes! I usually use pork loin roast, cheaper than tenderloin, but the sauce is what makes it. I like mine with pickled jalapeņos and chopped avocado. DH always wants a potato roll and DD wants a tapioca starch flatbread. It's so versatile in mixed company though.
                  50yo, 5'3"
                  SW-195
                  CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                  GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I don't even look at fast food restaurant. My eyes do not even glance in that direction. Absolutely disgusting. My "fast food" restaurant = Whole Foods.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                      That article is pretty ridiculous. McD's may be crap but the frequent assertion that the ingredients will give you cancer is unfounded.
                      Unfounded, maybe..... Common sense, definitely.

                      I'm not sure they have done any studies on the death rate of jumping out of an airplane without a parachute....so I guess saying that jumping without a parachute is likely to end in death is "unfounded"....but again, common sense.
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-26-2013, 06:10 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                        Unfounded, maybe..... Common sense, definitely.

                        I'm not sure they have done any studies on the death rate of jumping out of an airplane without a parachute....so I guess saying that jumping without a parachute is likely to end in death is "unfounded"....but again, common sense.
                        Its common sense because we understand and directly observe that falling down hurts, and the higher you fall the more it hurts, and that falling far enough can kill.

                        Common sense nutrition says that fat is bad, cholesterol is bad, and whole grains are great. So fuck paleo am I right?
                        http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wanna see one of you guys go eat a McRib and report back. Damn, still can't get over how nasty that looks...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've eaten many a McRib in my day (though not in the last year or three) and I remember them being damned delicious. Is it full of god-knows-what? Sure, but who eats at McDonald's expecting anything less?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                              Its common sense because we understand and directly observe that falling down hurts, and the higher you fall the more it hurts, and that falling far enough can kill.

                              Common sense nutrition says that fat is bad, cholesterol is bad, and whole grains are great. So fuck paleo am I right?
                              That's not what I would call "common sense" nutrition; that's bullshit which has been parroted ad nauseum over the course of 50+ years.

                              The notion that eating over-processed shit leads to cancer is common sense; over-processed shit has no place in a natural human diet, so why would we expect it to produce anything but undesirable health conditions?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X