Cutting and Bulking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting and Bulking

Do followers of PB bulk and cut or do they just eat when their bodies tell then to? I started PB about 2 months ago, and I love it, but I am way under my calories that I used to eat. I always feel full though. I couldn't imagine trying to bulk without adding in grains and carbs.

From what I've seen different people take different approaches. Some do bulk and cut, others just recomp slowly. If you are doing really low carb, it can be difficult to eat enough food to bulk. Adding in ample fruit, sweet potatoes, or even white potatoes makes it a lot easier.

Comment

Just depends on your goals.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

If you want to focus on adding muscle mass, then focus on adding muscle mass. If you want to focus on shedding fat, then focus on shedding fat. Aiming for a "sweet spot" somewhere down the middle is usually a bit of a hassle and produces sub-par results towards both goals.

Comment

I just added ten pounds eating a pound of meat, six eggs, 1/2 gallon of full-fat greek yogurt and boiled carrots and potatoes every day for a few weeks. But I mostly added muscle/glycogen and water weight, it seems.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Why is it CW that's winter is bulk, & summer is cut.
            When in the wild with animals , they feed in summer months get fat then winter fast / hibernate get skinny.

Why do we have the opposite approach?

From London England UK

Comment

Originally posted by Ryancarter1986 View Post
              Why is it CW that's winter is bulk, & summer is cut.
              When in the wild with animals , they feed in summer months get fat then winter fast / hibernate get skinny.

Why do we have the opposite approach?

From London England UK
              Probably because we wear swimsuits in the summer and want to look good half-naked. In the winter we're all bundled up and covered in layers of clothes so no one can really judge if you get a little flabby.

Comment

Cold makes me eat more and fat insulates. Lots of animals get fat in the winter...pigeons and squirrels and all things that eat nuts.
                Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                  If you want to focus on adding muscle mass, then focus on adding muscle mass. If you want to focus on shedding fat, then focus on shedding fat. Aiming for a "sweet spot" somewhere down the middle is usually a bit of a hassle and produces sub-par results towards both goals.
                  +eleventy hubjillion.

If you're too small, try to eat more. If you're too big, try to eat less. [/thread]
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                  X