No announcement yet.

Breakfast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE sauteed squid and scallops and/or mussels! SO delicious!

Comment

I stick to the basics. Bacon and eggs or steak and eggs cooked in butter with a couple cups of coffee and heavy cream.

Comment

Originally posted by joaniel View Post
        following my general rule of thumb, which is that everything "they" told us about health for the last 30+ years is a lie, i figure breakfast is the least important meal of the day.

That said, for folks that do like breakfast, anything you can eat for any other meal, you can eat for breakfast.
        like!
        1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
        2. Eat to heal
        3. Move to live
        4. Embrace today
        5. Live with intention
        6. Respect my body
        7. Cultivate joy
        8. Find my passion
        9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I went through phases, and tried many breakfasts through the years... I usually have to leave to work early, so not a lot of time for an early breakfast, I have mine around brunch time... best breakfast (i.e. the ones which made me very satisfied for many hours after) are:
          1- Cottage Cheese, plain or with maple syrup/ or honey if you are OK with it - easiest fast food and very filling
          2- Quinoa porridge (with non-dairy milk) - have to prep it the night before
          3-Liver, usually on some weekends unless I cook it the night before, especially when I have a lie-in - no idea why a small amount of liver has me bursting with energy for hours - expect its the nutrients

Other varieties I have occasionally and mostly at weekends when I have time are:
          Of course the awsome full English breakfast, I don't trust any cafe as they use oils etc, so it has to be done at home at weekends
          Cottage & eggs pancakes - again takes time to cook so only at weekends

I was travelling a couple of years ago, the hotel I stayed in served big greasy greasy greasy curries every morning for breakfast imagine all the lovely indo-china coconutty flavours!! I had that every morning lol as I had a whole day of walking and touring a head of me, and didn’t feel like eating anything else the rest of the day except a little snack perhaps in the evening... I lost weight on that trip & so fell in love the food, wish I can live in a 5star hotel who cook such meals lol .
          Last edited by Hotmail; 11-20-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Scrambled eggs and bacon, or eggs and homemade sausage, usually with some veggies sautéed in bacon fat or butter to go along with it. I can usually make it 5-6 hours until lunch when I eat high fat high protein low carbs in the morning. Sometimes I have fruit and almond butter at work, or uncured salami, aged cheese, and an apple. Sometimes it's a totally unsweetened muffin (pumpkin or banana) toasted and slathered in Kerrygold. Always coffee.

Comment

I second hotmail on cottage cheese omg. The pineapple with 1% is so so so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

coffee and cheese/nuts.
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I eat soft-boiled eggs almost every day. It is a bit of a rut, so I'm loving all of the ideas here.

But, on the weekends I love making a nice salad with lettuce, cukes, diced onion, avocado, etc. and having that with my s-b eggs or scrambled eggs and a nice cup of tea or a latte. It is quite a treat!

sg

Comment

Originally posted by spicegirl View Post
                    I eat soft-boiled eggs almost every day. It is a bit of a rut, so I'm loving all of the ideas here.

But, on the weekends I love making a nice salad with lettuce, cukes, diced onion, avocado, etc. and having that with my s-b eggs or scrambled eggs and a nice cup of tea or a latte. It is quite a treat!

sg
                    When I lived in Monterey, there was a French patisserie about a miles walk away and every other Saturday morning I would go and get either the quiche Lorraine and salad or the potato leek soup. It was the perfect breakfast. (20% though)

Comment

Surely everyone gets sick of eggs eventually?

I went through a phase of having roast vegetables for a while. Lately I've been having toasted coconut flakes with fruit and nuts, which make a good cereal substitute.

I occasionally have gluten free toast with avocado and vegemite (I'm from Oz... ). Sometimes I have the toast with sardines and sliced tomato.

When I was in Africa recently we had stewed plantain a few times, which was interesting. As was potato chips first thing in the morning! But I guess if its okay for lunch, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Mutton View Post
                        Surely everyone gets sick of eggs eventually?
                        Yeah, totally.

My breakfast is in general omelet with some sort of meat that is available.
                        This morning I had one of my Scottish Eggs. I made 4 yesterday so I have two of them for lunch as wel.

- other ideas are coconut pancakes, banana bread, grilled chicken, fruits.

I normally grab what ever is quick and in teh fridge. Some times it's just an apple.
                        My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

This made me LOL: Healthy breakfast eater’s life still shit: Healthy breakfast eater

Comment

Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                            This made me LOL: Healthy breakfast eater’s life still shit: Healthy breakfast eater
                            +1 Love this:

He said: “People always stress the importance of a healthy breakfast as if eating a few bits of fruit is some magical elixir of happiness.

“But I still work in commission-only telesales, spend every night sitting on my own in the pub reading spy books, and haven’t kissed a woman on the lips since 2007.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I'm probably the most boring eater on the planet. I like to eat the same foods every day, for whatever reason. Breakfast is typically cottage cheese, orange juice, and (gasp) oatmeal.
                              My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Comment

This is the nice thing about being unemployed--I actually have time to make bacon or sausage and eggs every morning.

When I was employed, I'd scramble about a dozen eggs on the weekend and take some with me to work every day.

Surprisingly, I don't get tired of eggs, but the reason I switch between sausage and bacon is that I do get a bit tired of having one or the other for too long.
                                Last edited by Cyborcat; 11-23-2013, 10:27 PM.
                                My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                                (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                                Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                                (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Working...
                                X