So Damn HUNGRY!!1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Damn HUNGRY!!1

I understand that Autumn/Fall is meant to be a time of stocking up fat reserves for the winter but seriously this is ridiculous. I am eating massive amounts of (primal) food and nothing I do seems to work in curbing my hunger. I've tried a two day fast to try and shrink my stomach, eating more fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, not eating fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, eating more meat, eating more salad, etc. I haven't really changed my exercise routine and haven't changed much in terms of body composition since this time last year. I'm just shocked at how hard the hunger is hitting me this year.

Anyone going through something similar? Any tips?

RC

Tip: Eat fats. Seriously.
    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

It's cold, you need more calories. Eat more unless you'e getting fat. If you're getting fat, just increase your protein to quell the hunger. And eat a lot of liver.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Going very low carb/high fat sure curbs my hunger. Try bulletproof coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by randomcow View Post
          I understand that Autumn/Fall is meant to be a time of stocking up fat reserves for the winter but seriously this is ridiculous. I am eating massive amounts of (primal) food and nothing I do seems to work in curbing my hunger. I've tried a two day fast to try and shrink my stomach, eating more fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, not eating fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, eating more meat, eating more salad, etc. I haven't really changed my exercise routine and haven't changed much in terms of body composition since this time last year. I'm just shocked at how hard the hunger is hitting me this year.

Anyone going through something similar? Any tips?

RC
          Coud be me...Eating more unless gaining weight doesn't sound good to me. I do not want to develop bad habits...

Comment

Why, sounds perfectly good to me???

Adjusting your food intake depending on the season is probably the most natural thing to do in this context! Primal man would have done exactly that!

Comment

Chronic obesity might be a problem, but a few pounds for winter? Normal. So when I say "gaining weight" I really mean "too much weight".
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I do think seasonal hunger is natural, but something makes me feel like I should fight against it. Two hearts beating inside my chest... (we say in Germany). Maybe it's belly vs brain...

Comment

I'm dealing with the same. I'm constantly hungry but the sad thing is that I'm also really full quickly. I'm eating like Mark's says, when ever I'm hungry. so right now that's almost every hour but I'm trying to keep it to meat and veggies for most of the time.
                  It will go away after a while.
                  My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

@randomcow:

I am curious: how do you feel you're hungry ? Is it stomach rumbling ? or something different like you could eat 3 or 4 plateful of rich foods in one meal until you feel uncomfortable ?

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the suggestions and also support. I think the reason I'm fighting it is because I plan to spend a bit of summer in the southern hemisphere and feel I must carve out an awesome beach body before going back and selling the wonders of my high-cholesterol diet to my skeptical family members lol.

Ok, will drizzle some lard over some grilled liver. Thanks.

RC

Comment

Ah, yes. To impress family and spread the gospel of Paleo. A valiant mission. Might as well stay lean this winter, then! Moar meat for you!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

FrenchFry - I think it's both physical and mental, but it is the physical manifestation that alerts me to the fact and stops me from being able to ignore it. Not quite stomach grumbling though. Just a feeling of not being satiated - nothing like a feeling that I could eat a massive amount.

Thing is, on my weekly fast the hunger is expected and easier to ignore.

RC

Comment

Originally posted by randomcow View Post
                            I've tried a two day fast to try and shrink my stomach, eating more fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, not eating fruit/dark chocolate/nuts, eating more meat, eating more salad, etc.
                            Or on the other side of the coin, try eating more carbs. (Yay conflicting viewpoints)

Some are more satiated on HFLC, some are bottomless pits. I'm a bottomless pit. Find what works for you, but it means experimentation. The above doesn't seem to be working for you right now, so...

Comment

How chronic is this hunger? I mean, did you try satiating it to see if it goes away?

Yesterday I was SO HUNGRY, even though I had already had a protein shake, a banana, some meat, a big sweet potato, and half a bar of chocolate. I ended up craving rice so I had a bowl of rice and a can of tuna for lunch. Still hungry so I finished the bar of chocolate (but I really would have rather had another tuna and rice). I went home and ate a huge bowl of cottage cheese. Then had a big dinner of Indian korma chicken, eggplant and rice and a heaping spoonful of ice cream. And then I finally felt satisfied. Slept pretty well, too, for someone who is sore from doing 25 125lb squats, 7 150lb deadlifts, 25 55lb presses and 24 pushups.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X