Death of the Food Pyramid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of the Food Pyramid

And here I was thinking that Denise Minger's book had been released. Silly me

Unraveling new healthy eating guide (the death of the food pyramid) - Life & Style - NZ Herald News
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Confusion continues to reign.

Especially annoying that they're still promoting canola oil and margarine over pure NZ butter.

All the more for me, I guess.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

That article is full of dogma itself, fruits "provide additional anti-oxidants and fibre that healthy hearts require.". "Eating high amounts of these [carbs], especially if they're refined or processed, will contribute to expanding waistlines and heart disease."

etc

I take it the NZ food pyramid was directly copied from the American one then?
      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
        I studied the history of country food guides while bored one day -- they all tend to resemble one another at any given time.

But way back in the good old days of the USA, butter was a food group! Also grains only represented 1 of the 6 groups, not the base of a pyramid.

1916-food-guide[1].jpg

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
          That article is full of dogma itself, fruits "provide additional anti-oxidants and fibre that healthy hearts require.". "Eating high amounts of these [carbs], especially if they're refined or processed, will contribute to expanding waistlines and heart disease."

etc

Kinda weird that people are still on about antioxidants.

M.

Comment

Working...
          X