• Time
  • Show
Clear All

YERBA MATE TEA!

http://www.guayaki.com/
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Great news Bisous, thank you, I have my coffee with cream and no sugar, best way to enjoy it imho

Comment

I heard that it can cause cortisol in the system, and there has been research to back it up, I just don't remember where i read the informaiton.

Comment

Causes cortisol release because it's a stimulant, but if you are taking caffeine in between the hours of 6am-2pm, when cortisol is highest, your body is much more likely to be able to adapt to the added stress. Same thing with working out.

Not saying buck wild, just a little advice on how to manipulate it.
          sigpic
          In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

If you really want to give it up, I suggest Teeccino as a true brewed coffee alternative. It does have some barley in it, but I don't know how un-Primal that would be since you're not really ingesting it, just brewing it. Here are the ingredients for the Java flavor:

Roasted organic carob, organic barley, chicory, organic chicory, almonds, organic dates, natural coffee flavor, organic figs.

It's already slightly sweet from the dates and figs, so no need to sweeten further. I love it.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
            5'10" female, 38 y/o
            Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
            WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
            DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
            EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisous View Post
              There was a study a couple of years ago that showed that coffee increased insulin resistance by 40% - when combined with refined carbohydrates. The good news is I was perusing the journal of clinical nutrition this morning and found another study that showed no insulin resistance or blood sugar nastiness with caffeine/coffee and cream (no sugar)
              You can make a study say anything. Ignore the conclusion unless you've read the study design to see how valid their finding actually is.
              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

I'm drinking some fine Green Mountain dark roast right now. Yum!

Comment

Sipping some Sumatran Dark roast, black of course.

Comment

I read recently that coffee in moderation (2-3 cups per day) is not unhealthy.
                    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

sigpic

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
                    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
                    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
                    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
                    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Comment

Working...
                    X