No announcement yet.

Andrew Kim Absolutely Crushes the Ridiculous Notion of Being "Fat Adapted"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein rules. Fat and carbs are just accessories.

My way is right. It's the only way. If you think differently, you must be crazy. I know this because Jesus told me.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      It's not even a horse at this point. It's just a smelly pile of bloody pulp and viscera.
      Don't forget the pulverized horse fat, which is empty calories!

Comment

• Damn it feels good to be a gangster...

Comment

• Glycogen kind of is the greatest energy source for athletic performance. If you had a sporting event lastinf a week, fat might be a better alternative.

Wanna turn on the jets and outrun everyone on the field? Consider having some potatoes.

Glycogen = rocket fuel. That is an ABSOLUTE.

Comment

• Originally posted by quikky View Post
            Damn it feels good to be a gangster...

lol.... and an absolute awesome movie!

Comment

• Originally posted by quikky View Post
              Damn it feels good to be a gangster...

HAHAHaA! Thread winner right there. Even if you did forget the cover sheet in your TPS report.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Protein rules. Fat and carbs are just accessories.

My way is right. It's the only way. If you think differently, you must be crazy. I know this because Jesus told me.
                Nuh uh! I'm right, and I have the obscure blog post by someone I agree with to prove it! If your experience or opinion differs from mine it is because you are obviously a fool. In fact I'm gonna start a thread about it.

Comment

• Choco,

I was just trying to prove your words "There's no such thing as fat-adapted" to be untrue- and I think you did that before me. Of course- we can always argue about definitions because it still looks like you're not going to be convinced by anything.

Yes, I know what CICO is. But your clear suggestions about my diet and my success being caused by the fact that *I cut the calories* makes me think- please do correct me if I'm wrong- you understand CICO the way the CW does. You don't even seem to ask the right question: WHY, WHY did I consume more calories in the first place? Why did I become obese? It's not that I wanted to, right? Nobody wants to overeat- it "just happens", but why...

We haven't talked a lot about calories now have we, I just told you about the diet I ate. I consider that to be low-fat, because it was around 10-15% of fat. Low-fat products only. I didn't work. That's really all I had to say.
                  What worked- reducing my appetite, bringing it to normal with elimination of wheat and other grains, all the processed sugar sources, and limiting high-carb fruit. BTW- I don't think I was "keto" for any longer. If so, unintentionally.

One more thing- I don't think I'm any more dogmatic than you are. How would you call that when I say low-fat hadn't worked for me, and you reply that I hadn't been low-fat enough? Come on.

All of the above just leads me to believe you're wrong in your decisive statements about low-carb and low-fat.

Michal

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                    but this is a ridiculous notion because protein causes the pancreas to excrete just as much insulin as carbs, and in addition it must work even harder to excrete glucagon - meat would be even more harmful to the pancreas!
                    Choco's post are full of bullshit the quote is one example...

In the pancreas there are "islets of langerhans". these islets house the alpha, beta & delta cells that produce glucagon, insulin & somastatin (respectively).
                    These islets can only release a certain amount of hormone at one time, from any combination of the internal cells.
                    The alpha, beta and delta cells are PARACRINE, their output (and therefore the output of the islet) is totally dependent on what the other cells in the islet are doing.

What this effectively means is. If your beta cells (insulin) are producing near to 100% of the output of the islet the other cells HAVE to produce near to nothing. If your islets hormone production contains 50% glucagon then there is only 50% production available for insulin.

So it becomes clear to see why choco is bullshitting... When digesting protien the pancreas responds by changing the proportion of hormone to 50/50 glucagon/insulin. It is physiologically impossible to produce 100% insulin and 50% glucagon for 150% production as choco claims. This means insulin response/load is always much higher for carbs than protien.

Choco then goes on to make a whole lot of other claims based on his "protien = high insulin" bullshit.

End note:
                    That food map he also spruiks, the one that claims the average American diet is low in carbs is a "PERCENTAGE OF CALORIES" people. There is another maps that charts "average gram amounts of carbs per day" and Americans blow the rest of the world out of the water. Americans eat 3 times more carbs than the rest of the world (averaged).

What can be made of these maps that choco spruiks is...

Yes a poor Indian has 80% carbs in his one or 2 small rice meals he might have. But an American eats 3 times more carbs than him in his 50% carb diet.

Make of that what you will.

Sent from my iPhone
                    A little primal gem - My Success Story
                    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime-Animal View Post
                      Glycogen kind of is the greatest energy source for athletic performance. If you had a sporting event lastinf a week, fat might be a better alternative.
                      That would be....cricket?

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                        That would be....cricket?
                        Or some other uninteresting sport of preposterous length

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime-Animal View Post
                          Or some other uninteresting sport of preposterous length
                          Even chess looks like a brief skirmish compared to cricket

Comment

• Many ultramarathoners train low, race high. Train and live low carb until the race, then race high carb. This way their bodies have better metabolic flexibiltiy to use fat for energy when the glycogen runs low. This also preculdes the need for quite as much nourishment during the race. Having to consume food during the race can be problematic, resulting in digestive problems, cramps, vomiting, diarrhea etc.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Nuh uh! I'm right, and I have the obscure blog post by someone I agree with to prove it! If your experience or opinion differs from mine it is because you are obviously a fool. In fact I'm gonna start a thread about it.
                              Well, an obscure blog post trumps all, and I am humbled.

As if. LOL
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I find the athlete argument less than compelling. Many fancy themselves athletes. They aren't. Cruel but true. Sorry but that game of flag football you played last year don't make you an athlete. It don't mean you get to eat like Michael Phelps....and it don't mean eating like him, even if you work as hard as he does will make you healthy. Idolize these people if you want, but I don't. They look good in their 20's, and make a quick buck, but they tend to fall apart with age.

Comment

Working...
                                X