Andrew Kim Absolutely Crushes the Ridiculous Notion of Being "Fat Adapted"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jakey View Post
    i'm really disappointed to see the great sport of cricket disparaged in the later pages of this thread.

i'm just kidding! cricket fucking sucks!
    Yeah. Cricket players are a bunch of fucking sugar heads, or fat burners, or whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post

According to Mark Sisson, refined fats are superior to fruit, dairy, tubers, nuts and chocolate and should make up a larger part of your diet than said real, whole, nutritious foods. Sugars, which are often more healthful than fats, don't even make the list at all.

Do you see this as a problem? I surely do. To promote refined fats - the very definition of empty calories - above fruit, dairy and nuts is ridiculous.
      Apologies if someone's already pointed this out (only read to page 9...), but this pyramid is sorted by caloric contribution to the diet, not by volume. Fry a plateful of vegetables in ghee, add a steak, eat an apple to follow, and you probably match the pyramid.

This doesn't amount to 'promoting' fats above fruit, it's just recognising the fact that they're more calorically dense.

Comment

• we're soapboxing now hilary

down with fat! up with fruit! down with mark, he eschews fruit and demands we all do the same!

am i close? can i invoke godwin's law now?
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hilary View Post
          Apologies if someone's already pointed this out (only read to page 9...), but this pyramid is sorted by caloric contribution to the diet, not by volume. Fry a plateful of vegetables in ghee, add a steak, eat an apple to follow, and you probably match the pyramid.

This doesn't amount to 'promoting' fats above fruit, it's just recognising the fact that they're more calorically dense.
          Such sanity. Rare on these forums lately.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Atheletes are not role models of health

It keeps coming up in all sorts of threads, particularly as support for the theory of glucose as preferred fuel.

What features make Atheletes role models of health?
            As far as I can see the majority of elite atheletic pursuits induce chronic body damage, how can this be healthy?
            If you ignore the top 5% in any sport, as these guys/gals win nearly everything they're in and this is more likely be to inate ability rather than training, the rest of the field is basically abusing their bodies in an attempt to beat the gifted ones, on occasion they may win but the price is steep.

They use every trick in the book to screw the last bit of performance out of their body, even to the point of collapse and death, how is this any different to using starving supermodels as female role models or bulging bodybuilders as male role models. They are all pursuits that push the body to extremes and if that's what you want, then fine, but understand everything has a price.

Maybe something like a Decathlon may go some way towards good health, at least it mixes it up a bit and utilises different parts of the body, but there is still the obsessive behaviours in the drive to be the best and these are not the best approach to life and health.

I feel that optimum health and elete sports are mutually exclusive, you can have one or the other, but not both, except for those gifted few who have an inate ability in their chosen sport.
            "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

• How does one simultaneous ignore and respond to someone? Interesting feature.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                How does one simultaneous ignore and respond to someone? Interesting feature.
                When someone you have on ignore writes something that someone else deems of sufficient interest to respond, they quote it, and you can see what they wrote. Then if you are sufficiently curious about the context, you can click to view that post, and reply as though you didn't have them blocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilleh
                  I've never read a useful post written by you.
                  I'm ignoring you - why don't you do the same for Choco?
                  I've tried putting someone who bothered me on ignore. I actually found the results of that more annoying than that persons actual posts

But feel fee to ignore me, I hope its a serene experience for you

some people knit penis warmers, so whatever works for you
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                    When someone you have on ignore writes something that someone else deems of sufficient interest to respond, they quote it, and you can see what they wrote. Then if you are sufficiently curious about the context, you can click to view that post, and reply as though you didn't have them blocked.
                    Thank you - I hadn't thought of that. I just use scrolling when I see some posters.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    I've tried putting someone who bothered me on ignore. I actually found the results of that more annoying than that persons actual posts

Serenity
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I like that you quoted me so it'll be visible to those who try not to see it

I guess when choco stops treating us all like we're that annoying office lady who says I'M JUST BIG BONED, MUH THYROID & believing that everybody who says they know his food recommendations won't end well for them are liars

And believing his way is the only way

And stop being ridiculously "provocative" to incite conversation

And not dog mark sisson while using the services mark provides for free

Then I'd be less of a drippy anus

I do still come here to learn, not just grace you all with my presence
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        I like that you quoted me so it'll be visible to those who try not to see it

I guess when choco stops treating us all like we're that annoying office lady who says I'M JUST BIG BONED, MUH THYROID & believing that everybody who says they know his food recommendations won't end well for them are liars

Who is Mark Sisson and what is carb?

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                          Who is Mark Sisson and what is carb?
                          the devil and his candy
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post

I like that you quoted me so it'll be visible to those who try not to see it

the devil and his candy
                            Just for the ill informed dipshits that would put this profound wisdom on "ignore"..... You are welcome Gilleh, and don't be harsh on yourself, better men have shunned enlightenment

Comment

• Not to mention that I find lots of problem in OP's article that I think are apparent to even the most devout carber. Come on. Get real guys! Don't pretend you don't see the rather large chinks in this articles armor. Using a hard wired disease process to prove a point??? So we are all in this boat? Well no......plus talk about cherry picking! Eight references total to attempt to refute volumes of info on both fat metabolism and autophagy? Come on. Get real. This is one persons wishes. Nothing more..... And damn me for making a semi serious post in such a silly excuse of a thread.
                              Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-09-2013, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                Just for the ill informed dipshits that would put this profound wisdom on "ignore"..... You are welcome Gilleh, and don't be harsh on yourself, better men have shunned enlightenment
                                you

i like you

i may print this off and embroider it
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X