How fat will everyone get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weaverchick View Post
    I'm with you. For the first time since I was diagnosed with PCOS I have been losing weight without starving. The key to my weight loss seems to be following the PB, although I still eat peanut butter The biggest thing for me was dropping the grains and upping the fruits and veggies. No more cravings, no more horrific mood swings, and weight loss to boot!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    I think for me to lose any decent amount of weight I'll have to go keto or full carnivore. I'm digging my heels in about it, i'm attached to still eating and drinking fruit and things with honey
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      I think for me to lose any decent amount of weight I'll have to go keto or full carnivore. I'm digging my heels in about it, i'm attached to still eating and drinking fruit and things with honey
      At my current weight I think I'm doing good eating what I am. I have a feeling though once I get closer to my pre-pcos happy weight I will have to cut the fruit and starchy carbs. 100 grams a day works right now but I'm not certain it will work forever.

I too have issues with giving up sweet things right now. I still manage to have a brownie a couple times a week and thats probably why my weight loss has slowed. But thats ok because i really like my brownies

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I lost weight eating Carl's Jr. and Taco Bell every night for dinner. I was also a fat vegetarian. I don't know what it takes to be skinny. I have never actually been skinny. Eating primal stopped the gaining, lost a bit of weight, too, but mostly got me to my personal normal which is over and above what a lot of people would say is "beautiful."
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          I don't understand the need of some to mock people here and other threads. My earlier comment about our differences due to genetics and hormonal issues was to have a positive dialog, not to encourage more fat bashing.
          Not sure if this was directed at me, but my intention was to agree with you. There are lots of reasons, beyond even genetics and hormones, why some people can't eat any kind of diet and still lose weight.
          50yo, 5'3"
          SW-195
          CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
          GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

• Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
            Not sure if this was directed at me, but my intention was to agree with you. There are lots of reasons, beyond even genetics and hormones, why some people can't eat any kind of diet and still lose weight.
            Sorry, it was not directed at you. I did not see yours or the other positive responses until after my little rant. I am the world's slowest typist on my iPad!

I have come to the conclusion that I will never be thin as I come from good German peasant stock and I am large boned. But I am working on being healthy. And life is too short not to enjoy the food you need to survive.

And Sbhikes, you look amazing and I always enjoy your posts because you are such a positive person.

Comment

For some people without hormonal issues I am sure that they can eat anything and still lose weight. I have learned that when it comes to health issues, you can never use absolutes. We don't know far more then we know. Short of taking meds or other extreme measures, at this point in my life, for me eating low carb is the only way to lose weight. Added benefit for me is it also controls my mood swings.

I don't understand the need of some to mock people here and other threads. My earlier comment about our differences due to genetics and hormonal issues was to have a positive dialog, not to encourage more fat bashing.
              I reread the last page and didn't see anything that said primal was the only way so my tentative vote is misreading what was written

That's what i'm hoping
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                I reread the last page and didn't see anything that said primal was the only way so my tentative vote is misreading what was written

That's what i'm hoping
                You said primal worked for you and there is nothing wrong with that. For you, now, that is a truth. I don't think I have seen anyone say that Primal was the only way to lose weight especially since it means something different to everyone. We are all special snowflakes but you are the mostest special!

Comment

• Flattery

It gets you stuff
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

Sorry, it was not directed at you. I did not see yours or the other positive responses until after my little rant. I am the world's slowest typist on my iPad!
                    Yeah, a person needs lightning fingers to keep up here.
                    50yo, 5'3"
                    SW-195
                    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

• All bickering aside - I'm hoping that if Ripped is in the Philippines, he's somewhere high and dry. News reports from the typhoon are horrid.
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        I lost weight eating Carl's Jr. and Taco Bell every night for dinner. I was also a fat vegetarian. I don't know what it takes to be skinny. I have never actually been skinny. Eating primal stopped the gaining, lost a bit of weight, too, but mostly got me to my personal normal which is over and above what a lot of people would say is "beautiful."
                        I tell you, you just need to move. Come move to NC and you'll be the foxy lady on the beach. And UGH, don't aspire to skinny. No point in being "skinny".

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Yeah, my boyfriend lived in Buffalo for 15 years. He told me that over there you can tell how old someone is by how fat they are. When he came to California he had the hardest time telling how old someone was because their skin looked old but their bodies looked young.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Double-wide hospital beds are sufficient for most of the super-obese, and I think they hold up to 1200 pounds. At around 800 pounds, most people stop being able to clean themselves and develop ulcers and infections. They also lose all hope.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by jammies View Post
                              All bickering aside - I'm hoping that if Ripped is in the Philippines, he's somewhere high and dry. News reports from the typhoon are horrid.
                              I am ok. There was A LOT of rain where I stay all weekend, but no wind. No phone or computer signal all weekend.

Couldn't go anywhere, too much rain, so no McDonalds.

All joking aside, it is sad. A lot of people in other islands lost their lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                I wanted to be great and self-sufficient but was instead a homeless drunk until somebody helped me out. No matter how honest, hard-working and talented a person is, lost is lost.
                                Ok, so there we have it. The truth finally comes out. You are a winner in my eyes. And the reason why is someone helped you out, but you also had to help yourself out. Nobody can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

There are a lot of people out there who fail to do that. When people try to help, they ignore it and continue on with a life of garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X