No announcement yet.

How fat will everyone get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that the whole glutten thing isn't entirely true. The thing I've noticed with alot overweight/obese people is that they think they're eating healthy. I have an aquaintance who is overweight. I follow her on instagram and she's always posting pictures of her "healthy" meals/snacks (aka, cereals, diet bars, 0 calorie vitamin waters, and weight watcher cookies, sugary low fat yogurts, soy milk, whole wheat bread, with the OCCASIONAL fruit or vegetable etc ).

Then when s*** continues to hit the fan they chalk it up to "genetics"
    Last edited by Jorjor; 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• How fat will everyone get?

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      turquoisepassion, I'm moved by your compassion.
      Thank you JoanieL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorjor View Post
        I agree that the whole glutten thing isn't entirely true. The thing I've noticed with alot overweight/obese people is that they think they're eating healthy. I have an aquaintance who is overweight. I follow her on instagram and she's always posting pictures of her "healthy" meals/snacks (aka, cereals, diet bars, 0 calorie vitamin waters, and weight watcher cookies, sugary low fat yogurts, soy milk, whole wheat bread, with the OCCASIONAL fruit or vegetable etc ).

Then when s*** continues to hit the fan they chalk it up to "genetics"
        because all that crap is what is pounded into (general) your head as eating healthy. some of that is what i ate when i thought i was being healthy. everything and everybody told me it was the right thing to eat

i had to come to the dark side of the internet to find out otherwise

so i can easily, EEEEEASILY, see how someone who would willingly eat that crap in the name of health wonder why they can't lose weight
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          because all that crap is what is pounded into (general) your head as eating healthy. some of that is what i ate when i thought i was being healthy. everything and everybody told me it was the right thing to eat

i had to come to the dark side of the internet to find out otherwise

so i can easily, EEEEEASILY, see how someone who would willingly eat that crap in the name of health wonder why they can't lose weight
          That is the case for probably more than half of the overweight people I know. It was also the case for me when I was overweight.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• wanna go get some cake? the little fairy said it was okay
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Hm. I lost a ton eating whole grain, salad, chicken breast, skim milk... Must be a fluke...

------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• either you're the fluke or i am, i just kept gaining
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

either you're the fluke or i am, i just kept gaining
                  To me, this does prove that to some extent, that hormones and genetics do matter. Women with hormonal issues like PCOS have a far more difficult time losing weight. I could do better with my diet and exercise but when you do everything right and still don't lose weight, it is very easy to say f@@k it, I am having a banana split with marshmallow creme. On the plus side, I do put on muscle pretty easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    Hm. I lost a ton eating whole grain, salad, chicken breast, skim milk... Must be a fluke...
                    I lost a ton eating whole grain bread, english muffins, peanut butter, oatmeal, lean cuisine meals and the occasional ice cream :/

Comment

• How fat will everyone get?

Originally posted by Nivanthe View Post
                      I lost a ton eating whole grain bread, english muffins, peanut butter, oatmeal, lean cuisine meals and the occasional ice cream :/
                      Yes pb & oatmeal! My go to poor college student diet.

One can seriously eat anything and lose weight. Whether it is a healthy is a different story. The girl I worked with on a shoot ate 2 donuts and a shitty salad (all it was was some apples and leaves) the whole day we were together. That amt of calories still means she is thin.

The skinniest girls (models) I know eat everything. They just eat the tiniest amounts of everything. This is why I roll my eyes at these holier than thou comments on mda as if primal is the only way to lose weight.
                      Last edited by turquoisepassion; 11-09-2013, 07:25 AM.
                      ------

Comment

• Welp im cashing in my special snowflake card. Ive gone through eating moderate, eating little and eating almost nothing for weeks to months at a time. I kept gaining

Granted it turns out i have hormonal issues but i can say with a surity that primal stopped my gain
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I lost some fat on whole grains, soy, lean cuisine etc. as it also drove me to eat less (expensive). I was also walking much more and carrying weighty groceries home on foot. However, I'm pretty sure going half ass cold turkey on a fatty diet's what caused those gallstones I had.

Interestingly, it was researching beans and lintels as a result that I came across MDA.

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                            To me, this does prove that to some extent, that hormones and genetics do matter. Women with hormonal issues like PCOS have a far more difficult time losing weight. I could do better with my diet and exercise but when you do everything right and still don't lose weight, it is very easy to say f@@k it, I am having a banana split with marshmallow creme. On the plus side, I do put on muscle pretty easily.
                            I don't think there was anything wrong with my metabolism, but when grains were a substantial part of my healthy diet, my appetite was monstrous. "Dieting" was misery. Once I moved them to the top of my food pyramid and stopped avoiding saturated fat, eating the amount necessary to maintain a healthy weight was almost easy. It's almost impossible to convince people that their healthy whole grains might be 99% of their problem though.
                            50yo, 5'3"
                            SW-195
                            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Welp im cashing in my special snowflake card. Ive gone through eating moderate, eating little and eating almost nothing for weeks to months at a time. I kept gaining

Granted it turns out i have hormonal issues but i can say with a surity that primal stopped my gain
                              I'm with you. For the first time since I was diagnosed with PCOS I have been losing weight without starving. The key to my weight loss seems to be following the PB, although I still eat peanut butter The biggest thing for me was dropping the grains and upping the fruits and veggies. No more cravings, no more horrific mood swings, and weight loss to boot!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• For some people without hormonal issues I am sure that they can eat anything and still lose weight. I have learned that when it comes to health issues, you can never use absolutes. We don't know far more then we know. Short of taking meds or other extreme measures, at this point in my life, for me eating low carb is the only way to lose weight. Added benefit for me is it also controls my mood swings.

I don't understand the need of some to mock people here and other threads. My earlier comment about our differences due to genetics and hormonal issues was to have a positive dialog, not to encourage more fat bashing.

Comment

Working...
                                X