Craving baked goods/junk food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
    It seems your getting a bit angry.. Maybe you should have a cookie?
    It's reasonable to believe those foods lead to mental degeneration, as well as physical. So actually, cookies probably increase anger, long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
      It's reasonable to believe those foods lead to mental degeneration, as well as physical. So actually, cookies probably increase anger, long-term.
      Can't fault that reply. Well done!

Comment

I ate the cookie, I gave into the craving and it turned out to be horrid. They tasted like chemicals... so awful.
        From now on everything that disappears in my mouth I made myself!
        My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
          I ate the cookie, I gave into the craving and it turned out to be horrid. They tasted like chemicals... so awful.
          Yay +1 point to real food!

Comment

When I don't do primal/paleo, I find that baked goods tend to taste either overly sweet, overly chemically or overly papery, like eating cardboard. It definitely reinforces that real food, especially homemade food where you control the ingredients, can be incredibly filling and nourishing.
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Oh, yeah.... I could have saved you that mistake. Non-homemade sweets taste like hell once you adjust your tastebuds. They have an oddly weird mouthfeel too. Now you know, if it comes in a pack, good taste it will lack.

It's funny- I was looking at banana bread recipes- the primal one I use had maybe 1/4 cup of maple syrup that I leave out on occasion and is plenty sweet like a cake. My old standard was 2 cups of sugar! Plus the bananas.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                am not angry at all, nor do i think sugar is the devil, but the over-simplification of a carb is a carb and a calorie is just a calorie is just nonsense.

although, i realize i am becoming a distinct minority with that view here.
                Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                I sort of agree with you and sort of don't. A carb is a carb but cookies and cake aren't just high in carbs... They are high in gluten, trans fats, PUFA, and contain the hyper palatable/fattening combo of fat + carbs.

right. how many times have you heard somebody jonesing for a scoop of sugar? even if they were, how many spoons' worth could they choke down? it's always the palatable package of cake/cookie/candy -OR- the more savory chips and doritos, which are fatty/carby/salty.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  right. how many times have you heard somebody jonesing for a scoop of sugar? even if they were, how many spoons' worth could they choke down? it's always the palatable package of cake/cookie/candy -OR- the more savory chips and doritos, which are fatty/carby/salty.
                  Yep. I put maple syrup into my oj for post workout recovery, simple syrup in my coffee, eat fruit daily, and I actually don't crave the stuff like ice cream and brownies anymore. I have a pint of Haagen Dazs (IMO not really junk but nevertheless fattening) in the fridge I haven't touched in 3 weeks. In fact I am leaning out slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I really just feel like giving up healthy eating and going back to the way I used to eat, and I'm tired of trying to eat primal and feeling restricted all the time. I was out with my family at a cafe, and they all ordered stuff like french toast, eggs hollandaise, po boy, etc. I got the healthiest thing I could get- a plate of veggie cheese scrambled eggs with avocado, side salad, and corn tortillas. Everyone was enjoying their meal, and my eggs were good but really all I wanted was to just order big plate of pancakes for myself and eat it all and not give a crap. I know I'm doing my body good, but I feel like I would be happier eating whatever I wanted, despite the consequences. Has anyone had this just lack of motivation?

Comment

En, go for it. It's your life.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

You need to find a balance that works for you. Do you really want to eat crap all the time or do you just want to indulge now and then in food you know isn't all that great for you?

Most of my routine, daily food is primal. If I was out at a restaurant with family, I might very well have the eggs hollandaise. I may or may not eat all of the English muffin. The rest of it is perfectly fine, except for the probably sketchy oils. A year ago I really struggled with bread in restaurants and now I'm kind of meh about it. I doubt I would have gotten there if I felt like a roll now and then meant I couldn't choose the best possible foods as often as I felt up to it. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or even the enemy of the pretty good/could be worse).
                        50yo, 5'3"
                        SW-195
                        CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                        GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I mean, I don't want to eat crap all the time, but I guess I just wonder if I eat something like french toast every weekend that that kind defeats the purpose of trying to be healthy.

Comment

Or I guess what I'm trying to say is, as a college student I understand moderation and enjoying something like pizza once in a while with friends, or compromising that theres probably gross oils used to cook even the chicken in my salad or something. But seeing as I want to hang out with my friends often, that moderation shifts farther and farther from 80/20 having to deal with these compromises every time I eat out. It's so hard to just hang out and eat out being primal that it's almost a struggle, and makes me just want to abandon primal so I can order a sandwich and not care about its effect on my health.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfi56 View Post
                              Has anyone had this just lack of motivation?
                              Repeatedly until one day I decided to not be a slow moving fat pig with high blood pressure. Two years later I chuckle at the crap people eat in the name of feeling good. Maybe someday you will get that way as well. Until then chow down.

Comment

Thing is, I'm not like a lot of people- I'm not overweight (actually underweight) or have health issues, but I still have the same lack of energy, belly fat, etc that a lot of ppl struggle with. I'm just not feeling happy or more energetic on primal as I expected, like so many other people seem to say, and its making me question whether this is right for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X