No announcement yet.

What's your Way of Eating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazingly, at this point, i've said goodbye to all this. i do not eat wheat or gluten grains, and i avoid all shitty industrial oils. the rest of it is basically bullshit. beans, quinoa, nixtamalized corn are great. added fat is stupid. eat what comes on the animal, or whatever you need to cook

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
      amazingly, at this point, i've said goodbye to all this. i do not eat wheat or gluten grains, and i avoid all shitty industrial oils. the rest of it is basically bullshit. beans, quinoa, nixtamalized corn are great. added fat is stupid. eat what comes on the animal, or whatever you need to cook
      That sounds pretty close to Weston A Price. Do you follow the whole idea of soaking beans, etc? Or just eat them as is without issues?
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
        I don't follow any of the above options. There're issues I could point put with all of them. Here's a general overview of how I currently eat:

Plenty of ruminant muscle meat, organs, and gelatinous cuts.
        Eggs maybe once a week.
        Seafood once every week or two.
        Decent amount of vegetables (lots of loaded carrot salads (PM me for recipe - absolutely the bomb).
        Lots of fruit - all varieties.
        Tons of starchy squash, such as butternut and kabocha.
        Decent amount of potatoes.
        Lots of dairy.
        Ridiculous amounts of salt (in October, I went through a 26 oz package of Redmond Real Salt, a 7.4 oz package of Hawaiian red salt, and a one and a half 14.3 oz containers of this artisan French sea salt that's awesome on seared/grilled meat and sprinkled on cooked foods)

I consume a small amount of coconut oil/butter - maybe a couple of tablespoons over the course of a week. I consume some powdered gelatin (it takes me a month to go through an 8 oz box of Knox - meanwhile, I consume upwards of 60 lbs. of meat per month), but nowhere near the amount that most Peat followers consume. I use quite a lot of pure stevia (I make 2 quarts of frozen yogurt sweetened with nothing but stevia a few times per week). I also consume a decent amount of seaweed.

I never consume/consume very few:

Grains
        Sugar (occasionally I'll consume some - I also consume blackstrap molasses and coconut sugar once in awhile)
        Nuts
        PUFA oils (or any oils/butter for that matter)
        Beans
        Alcohol
        Caffeine
        Stabilizers, gums, artificial sweeteners, and other industrial foodstuffs

I don't eat very much pork, poultry, or fatty fish these days, but definitely wouldn't turn down a good roast duck and do eat lean cuts of pork/poultry every so often. I consume smoked salmon and anchovies fairly regularly, but not in any significant quantity (maybe a lb. every week or two). I don't drink milk or juice, but drink quite a lot of water.

I use zero supplements, never take any drugs (legal or illegal), and don't take vaccines or use medicine unless it's critical to my long-term health (for example, sure, I'd go to a hospital and take whatever they give me if I got cancer, malaria, etc., but the last thing you'll ever catch me doing is getting a flu shot).
        This sounds pretty much like PHD or higher carb primal. Or am I missing something?
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          None of the above.

Damn.... I actually intended to include that as an option, but forgot.

Comment

Still figuring it out! Went from a conventional bodybuilding diet, to high fat low carb primal, to a high carb primal.

Yesterday I ate EVERYTHING thats horrible for your health. Wheat muffins, chocolate bars (snickers, wunderbar, kit kat, etc) pear cobbler with oatmeal. Pizza.

And I survived, and didn't feel so bad (after I stopped stuffing my face lol). So now I'm in a position where I have no idea if I should add back the oats, add in a couple of low glycemic grains.

Then again fibre isn't too good.

Dairy isn't an issue, don't eat any nuts of any sort anymore, beans I'm not too sure.

Obviously as much veggies and meat as my body has room for.

Comment

None of the above.
              We are still waiting for your book. Gladiator diet? (Isn't that pic from halloween before last? We've seen it for so long that's the image you'll be stuck with forever!)
              Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

None of the above.
                We are still waiting for your book. Gladiator diet? (Isn't that pic from halloween before last? We've seen it for so long that's the image you'll be stuck with forever!)
                Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                  That sounds pretty close to Weston A Price. Do you follow the whole idea of soaking beans, etc? Or just eat them as is without issues?
                  i soak the beans if i'm making them, but eat them at restaurants too, without issues. if there's some additional phytic acid, so be it. i eat plenty of nutritient dense foods in other meals, so i'm not worried about defficiences. i have a lot of respect for WAPF, but still don't eat wheat or gluten grains. and i think i tend to be lower fat, although i'm not fat-phobic.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey View Post
                    i soak the beans if i'm making them, but eat them at restaurants too, without issues. if there's some additional phytic acid, so be it. i eat plenty of nutritient dense foods in other meals, so i'm not worried about defficiences. i have a lot of respect for WAPF, but still don't eat wheat or gluten grains. and i think i tend to be lower fat, although i'm not fat-phobic.
                    Ahhh...that's right..... I forgot that WAP has a lot of wheat recipes (soaked wheat, but still wheat). And if I remember correctly, you are right they do a lot of added fats.

I did like eating that way and it is miles better than SAD, but it did not help my inflammation or with weight loss. But I think if I were young and healthy when I started it, it would have been a good choice.

Comment

I guess my diet could be summed up as:
                      -Minimal dairy, occasional cheese and yoghurt
                      -Only grains I consume are rice which is around once a day on average
                      -'High' carb; over 100g a day
                      -Fat I don't actively eat, if its on the meat I'll eat it but I never deliberatly add more fat
                      -Almost no processed foods
                      -Eat meat when I can especially sheep and beef
                      -Lots of fruit, some veg
                      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                      X