No announcement yet.

What's your Way of Eating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever I want because the things I like are within PB, except for a 5% off-plan pizza with a friend or something similar. I think portion control was something I needed to work on the most.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Wow - lots of interesting versions of eating here! Given how much fighting we do, I'm a little surprised to find how similar our diets are

As for the carb curve, my opinion is very good for overweight people. Once you hit a healthy weight, it seems to work less well for people.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        sig
        I sometimes wish everyone would do this with their signature.
        Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
          Strict paleo when I'm engaging in fat-loss. Otherwise it's primal for me. From trial and error over the years I've learned my body does best on strict paleo.
          I feel best on strict autoimmune paleo too. But then when I start feeling good, I think "hey, I feel great, I don't need to be so strict" and then I backslide. It's so dumb, and yet I do it every time!!

Comment

I said Primal carb curve, mainly because I don't mind having a few forbidden paleo foods occasionally, but I am pretty lowish carb, more strict when I was in weight loss. Also no eggs, dairy etc. I switch it up sometimes, if I am losing weight I up my carbs.
            Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
            Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
            Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Per my sig, my focus is on treatment of CVD without drugs. This means anti-inflammatory - no processed foods, plenty of seafood for O3 fats and minerals, lots of slow-cooked meat on the bone for gelatin and minerals, plenty of full fat dairy (mostly cheese) for the vitamins, regular offal for vitamins and minerals. Also need to reduce chances of stent blockage so I have blood thinning foodstuffs like cocoa, red wine and curries (turmeric) - ain't life a bitch
              Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Dirty Carnivore.
                (Primal-Keto, with veggies as condiments)
                Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Right now I eat as much lean protein as I possibly can. After that, the other macros fall into place and are not very high. The carbs tend to be within the carb curve naturally. I'd tell you the percentages but it appears the pie chart has vanished from myfitnesspal all of a sudden.

So basically, as long as you don't consider Primal to mean only fatty meat and big ass salads and that it includes lean meat and ad libitum potatoes, then I'm primal.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

High fat low carb paleo/bulletproof with weekly carb refeeds and quality craft beer whenever I want because I live in Colorado.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I voted for both primal blueprint and the perfect health diet, because I tend to vacillate between the two.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I lean Paleo as most forms of dairy don't agree with me. Legumes are a grey area but I've never really liked them so have no desire to add them back to my diet. I use a scoop of whey 3-5 times a week which is my most frequent Paleo deviation, ghee is in the cooking fat rotation regularly and once a week or so I'll have a T of butter or cream cheese. I'll have a paleofied treat a few times a month.

Reading this back maybe I'm actually closer to Primal, lol. Labels never really were my thing.

Comment

Peatish-primal atm. More fruit and gelatin and no big ass salads. I'm trying to improve my thyroid function.
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I eat no wheat, dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nuts, and fruit... I also don't eat pork (just not a fan) and rarely eat lamb.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGiEats View Post
                              I eat no wheat, dairy, gluten, sugar, soy, nuts, and fruit... I also don't eat pork (just not a fan) and rarely eat lamb.
                              For some reason I thought you were purely pescatarian XD
                              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                                For some reason I thought you were purely pescatarian XD
                                Nope! While I do eat TONS of fish, I do eat chicken, turkey, GF beef & bison, elk, ostrich, venison, wild boar and kangaroo!

Comment

Working...
                                X