Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating Paleo, But Don't Believe in Evolution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tony_in_nj View Post
    Yeah, hitler stalin and mao [sic] were all good alter boys. C'mon... Thou shalt not kill and thou shalt not covet thy neighbors stuff. Dont trash religion because of those that fail to follow their own teachings.
    Hitler? Really? The guy who ordered the extermination of the Jews is your example of non-religiously motivated war?
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Ah, sorry, you appear to have taken my lame attempt at humor to be trashing religion. That is not my aim at all.
      I think he meant to quote not_on_the_rug
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        I think he meant to quote not_on_the_rug
        all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          survival of the fittest man. Two species enter; one species leaves!
          mtv should do it. like celebrity deathmatch

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          What would an evolutionist Crusade even look like? We'd chain people up and torture them swear that they understand Haldane and Dobzhansky?
          nice. we could tattoo those little jesus fish on their foreheads. the ones that say "Darwin" in the middle and have feet on them

Originally posted by tony_in_nj View Post
          Yeah, hitler stalin and mao [sic] were all good alter boys. C'mon... Thou shalt not kill and thou shalt not covet thy neighbors stuff. Dont trash religion because of those that fail to follow their own teachings.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
          well, more people have been killed over religious disagreement than for any other reason. so at least you have that going for you...and I mean, at least half of the people hitler killed were jews. and he killed them because they were jews. so...hmmm... yeah

Comment

What would an evolutionist Crusade even look like? We'd chain people up and torture them swear that they understand Haldane and Dobzhansky?
            No. Youd send them to death camps because you believe your race is superior. Survival of the fittest so take as much as you can... you have no higher power to answer to. So as long as you don't get caught its all good.

Comment

Hitler? Really? The guy who ordered the extermination of the Jews is your example of non-religiously motivated war?
              You have little understanding of history, besides maybe the lies they teach you in US public education. Or, maybe you're making a gross simplification to support an agenda.

Only after 1919, did Hitler write his first anti-semitic political report, but nothing before that. Why is that? Are you aware of the Red Revolution?

After World War I, Germany was in a large state of distress. The empire had collapsed, there were many reparations following with severe economical problems and feelings of treason. This is when Bolshevik radicals came in to take advantage and stir up the masses into civil war. Karl Liebknecht(Jewish Marxist) and Rosa Luxemburg(same thing) were ideological leaders of the revolution. Where Hitler resided at the time(Bavaria) is where a large portion of those revolutions took place, with said radicals declaring his home a soviet republic. All of these radicals were Jewish. Seeing a trend? After Freikorp national troops overtook the Bolsheviks, Hitler coined the term "Jewish Bolsheviks". All originators of the Nazi party witnessed Bolshevik revolution, so, why do you think radical anti-semitism spread? Religiously motivated, really? Despite all these members being communist who were also atheist? (Marxism and religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Aggressive Bolshevism was a danger for all of Europe, and you blame religion for these problems when horrible atrocities and mass murders were carried about by atheist communists.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                You have little understanding of history, besides maybe the lies they teach you in US public education. Or, maybe you're making a gross simplification to support an agenda.

Only after 1919, did Hitler write his first anti-semitic political report, but nothing before that. Why is that? Are you aware of the Red Revolution?

After World War I, Germany was in a large state of distress. The empire had collapsed, there were many reparations following with severe economical problems and feelings of treason. This is when Bolshevik radicals came in to take advantage and stir up the masses into civil war. Karl Liebknecht(Jewish Marxist) and Rosa Luxemburg(same thing) were ideological leaders of the revolution. Where Hitler resided at the time(Bavaria) is where a large portion of those revolutions took place, with said radicals declaring his home a soviet republic. All of these radicals were Jewish. Seeing a trend? After Freikorp national troops overtook the Bolsheviks, Hitler coined the term "Jewish Bolsheviks". All originators of the Nazi party witnessed Bolshevik revolution, so, why do you think radical anti-semitism spread? Religiously motivated, really? Despite all these members being communist who were also atheist? (Marxism and religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Aggressive Bolshevism was a danger for all of Europe, and you blame religion for these problems when horrible atrocities and mass murders were carried about by atheist communists.
                derp... I like you and all, but you've finally lost your mind. how about using some of your energy in a positive way. like telling tony-in-nj that he is the one that has no idea what he is talking about? stop arguing with people for the sake of arguing. it's beyond stale. you may be booksmart and an veritable google-fu ninja, but your tact and common sense are severely lacking sometimes.

Comment

• PS Mao was an atheist, as all communists are.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                    derp... I like you and all, but you've finally lost your mind. how about using some of your energy in a positive way. like telling tony-in-nj that he is the one that has no idea what he is talking about? stop arguing with people for the sake of arguing. it's beyond stale. you may be booksmart and an veritable google-fu ninja, but your tact and common sense are severely lacking sometimes.
                    I like you too man, but tony-in-nj is going off in some weird direction I can't follow atm

Oh, and I did essentially say he's wrong about Hitler
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

I like you too man, but tony-in-nj is going off in some weird direction I can't follow atm
                      fair enough. it just seems like the comments you made are only going to add fuel to his fire

Comment

• Thanks for the backup. I tried to post the idea that saying the killing of religious by non religious for non religious reasons was caused by religion was like heads I win tails you lose. Guess I hit cancel instead of post. I'm "all thumbs" with this mobile device..ha.

Comment

• Wow... guess I didn't understand the post. Thought you were agreeing with me. Ok ill shut up now.

Comment

• If that's your point, I agree in this instance. Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people; same analogy used of guns. World War II was entirely a political war. If an atheist can commit atrocities(Mao, Stalin), then one can't blame religion without seeming hypocritical.

I never liked that debate from atheists, ever. Where they claim the world would be better off without religion, as Lenin claims religion is negative to human development, yet openly states this:

“What does it matter if 90 percent of the Russian people perish, provided the surviving 10 percent bring about a World Revolution?”

Crusades?
                            Last edited by Derpamix; 11-05-2013, 09:09 AM.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Evolution yes, everything evolves, realizes latent possibilities that are present, also the organic species; they are not fixed platonic forms, at last not when considered under the category of time! But the scientific knowledge about the mechanisms behind biological evolution is incomplete and natural selection may be ruled by higher laws that science don’t understand and probably never will understand due to its limited focus and method. But something seem to be going on in the Universe, it is rather absurd to think that the ongoing evolutionary process that produces more advanced inorganic, organic, and social synthesis throughout time is a product of blind forces or chance. I am not postulating a transcendent Deity, since I find that solution not very satisfying, but an immanent evolving "Logos" like Hegels “Geist” or Spinozas “Deus”…
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

If that's your point, I agree in this instance. Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people; same analogy used of guns. World War II was entirely a political war. If an atheist can commit atrocities(Mao, Stalin), then one can't blame religion without seeming hypocritical.

I never liked that debate from atheists, ever. Where they claim the world would be better off without religion, as Lenin claims religion is negative to human development, yet openly states this:

“What does it matter if 90 percent of the Russian people perish, provided the surviving 10 percent bring about a World Revolution?”

Crusades?
                                just an observation. the majority of humans are religious. the majority of people are assholes. they simply do not live by the basic commandments or tenets that they so highly praise on sundays. I've seen the cars pulling out of the churches, beeping at each other and yelling profanities at each other. I see the way the average person behaves at the supermarket. religious has become an excuse. a free pass to behave like a douchebag all week, then get saved on sundays. it entitles people to behave poorly for their entire lives, then find salvation on their deathbed. religion is, in fact, exactly what tony-in-nj alluded to before the "Survival of the fittest so take as much as you can... you have no higher power to answer to. So as long as you don't get caught its all good." religious people can do whatever they choose to do, and as long as they show up for church on sunday, they are forgiven for their sins. man does not require a fairytale to live the correct way. he doesn't need to be forgiven of his sins. he already knows the right way to live. it's the entitlement and forgiveness that seems to have bred the daily bullshit that people pile on each other. if there were repercussions for this stuff, and not forgiveness, things would most certainly change for the better. if church taught you that if you walk out the door and act like an ashole, the guy in the next car over is going to smash your face in with a tire iron, and that not only was it legal, but that god encouraged it, people would stop acting like assholes.

Comment

Working...
                                X