Eggs over easy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs over easy

So I like my eggs over easy with some runny yolk. I used to polish off my breakfast by soaking up the yolk with a piece of bread and eating it, but having given up grains this is no longer possible. I hate leaving all that yellow slimy goodness behind in the bottom of the bowl! What is a good substitute for soaking up all the excess yolk?

Bacon. Or your fingers... Or lick the plate...
    ---
    ~Christine

Comment

Apple pancakes! Grate an apple, mix it with an egg and some cinnamon, and fry like a hashbrown.
      If you're worried about the carbs in an apple, use bacon, homemade/ primal friendly sausage, or your tongue.
      Last edited by naiadknight; 05-12-2010, 06:54 AM. Reason: more options
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

I second licking the plate!

Comment

asparagus
          sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

I'm a fan of licking the plate. I twittered about that not too long ago! There are some other plate lickers on this site that I know of.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

since going primal....
              i always lick the plate.
              sigpic

Comment

Lick that plate!

Comment

Do you think Grok would have passed up perfectly edible and nutritious egg yolk because he was worried about his manners? Lick the plate!

Comment

I see absolutely nothing wrong with licking the plate Bacon also works well though, in case you're eating with others.

naiadknight that apple pancake/hashbrown idea sounds awesome!
                    You are what you eat,
                    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

I usually put them in a bowl so it's kind of hard to lick. Time to bring out the plates! The apple pancakes do sound delicious!

Comment

Steak strips.

Comment

NorthernMonkeyGirl posted about the apple pancakes several months ago and I've been raving about them ever since. Credit goes to her.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Primal friendly sausages, and then lick the plate!

Comment

I'm a licker, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X