Is there a good bacon without sugar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a good bacon without sugar?

Does anyone know of a good, sugar-free (and nitrate-free) brand of bacon on the market?

My local organic, GF butcher's bacon has sugar and everything I see in my local HF grocery does too. Am I missing something?

thanks!
    spicegirl

I had a similar post a year or so ago, was mercilessly flamed for being unable to find sugar-free bacon... glad to see someone else has the same issue.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

I would like to know too.

Comment

Previous discussion thread:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26060-2.html
        52 year old Male
        Goal: 185lbs
        April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

US Wellness Meats has pork and beef bacon. Both are nitrate and sugar free. And they use sea salt.

Comment

Coleman does not have sugar..I can find this at my local grocery store

Calories in Coleman Natural - Bacon, Uncured, Hickory Smoked | Nutrition and Health Facts

Comment

I can't find it either

Comment

Trader Joes has uncured bacon with no sugar or nitrate. Why does the sugar matter? You think a few grams of sugar in a serving of bacon is going to hurt you?

Comment

Originally posted by Paleo0731 View Post
                  US Wellness Meats has pork and beef bacon. Both are nitrate and sugar free. And they use sea salt.
                  Their bacon is rarely in stock though heh. The ends are often in but are kinda meh.

Comment

Originally posted by statikcat View Post
                    Trader Joes has uncured bacon with no sugar or nitrate.
                    Thanks! This is helpful!

You think a few grams of sugar in a serving of bacon is going to hurt you?
                    I don't eat white sugar (or most any other sugar), period. If I do, I consider it a cheat. I would not eat bacon made with white sugar on a Whole 30.
                    Last edited by spicegirl; 10-30-2013, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Comment

Trader Joes has uncured bacon with no sugar or nitrate. Why does the sugar matter? You think a few grams of sugar in a serving of bacon is going to hurt you?
                        It matters because if someone is avoiding all refined sugar then that would include a few grams. For some people sugar is like crack, you wouldn't say " I'm going to quit smoking crack, well except for the few grams..." To quit refined sugar is hard, and consuming sugar makes it harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
                          It matters because if someone is avoiding all refined sugar then that would include a few grams. For some people sugar is like crack, you wouldn't say " I'm going to quit smoking crack, well except for the few grams..." To quit refined sugar is hard, and consuming sugar makes it harder.
                          This is what I say to my wife who thinks I'm a bit too extreme at times.

Her: "Just do everything in moderation".
                          Me "Oh yeah? Does that Include heroin?"

It's kinda hard sometimes to get people to even believe that you could even possibly have a food addiction.
                          52 year old Male
                          Goal: 185lbs
                          April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

The only reason to avoid sugar at that level of a few grams is because the taste sets off your appetite or further sugar cravings. However a piece of bacon with like 1g of sugar is not going to send any signals because you won't even be able to taste it. Its negligible most likely. Look at the nutrition label.. it probably says 0 carb. Potentially is rounded down but still. You are concerned about an issue that only exists in your head.

Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post

I will give you side by side bacon made with 1-2g of sugar and one without. You think you can tell me the difference? Are you going to binge on sugar because a piece of BACON?
                            Last edited by statikcat; 10-30-2013, 06:36 AM.

Comment

The only reason to avoid sugar at that level of a few grams is because the taste sets off your appetite or further sugar cravings. However a piece of bacon with like 1g of sugar is not going to send any signals because you won't even be able to taste it. Its negligible most likely. Look at the nutrition label.. it probably says 0 carb. Potentially is rounded down but still. You are concerned about an issue that only exists in your head.

I will give you side by side bacon made with 1-2g of sugar and one without. You think you can tell me the difference? Are you going to binge on sugar because a piece of BACON?
                              When the Nutrition Facts panel says the food contains “0 g” of something, it means the food contains less than 0.5 grams of PER SERVING. It's safer to assume 0 on a label means 5g or less. If you are avoiding sugar, any is unacceptable.

Comment

Working...
                              X