• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otzi View Post
    You made that up...

Lmao!!! Exactly!!!! It's total Broscience hahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
      I'm genuinely curious, has someone actually started craving sugar after eating some bacon?
      Not sure I think it's kinda a hard theory to test. How much sugar from bacon would actually elicit a response? Are all cravings biological or are some Psycological? I think if someone is trying to remove sugar from there diet, they need to decide if allowing minor grams of added sugar hear and there is an issue for them. I think the response will be mixed. Some people will not be able to handle it. I know that I am personally an all or nothing type girl and have struggled with sugar addiction. So I can feel when small amounts of sugar creep back into my diet.

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
        I'm genuinely curious, has someone actually started craving sugar after eating some bacon?
        I won't get bacon with added sugar, but I can definitely say that when I had a couple of big slices of brown-sugar cured ham a while back it flipped that sugar switch in my brain! I always read the Ray Peat stuff posted around here with amazement--if I was to drink Cokes and eat gummy bears, this whole thing would be over for me...it does just not fit in my life. I get the munchies and cannot stop grazing, it's like the satiety signals are completely gone. Fruit does not do that to me. Only refined sugar.

Comment

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1383167243.892049.jpg Fresh side + salt + pepper = crazy good bacon
          500 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes for a lot of good bacon grease, and is cheaper than cured bacon.
          Butcher shops don't generally keep it up front, but anywhere that processes hogs will have it.

Comment

I've been buying the belly and roasting or smoking it. I don't do a long cure as I don't think it is needed. It doesn't taste the same as store bought bacon, it is just a lot better. It is dangerous because you want to eat thousands of calories at one sitting as the fat makes it slide down your throat.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
              Oh so by your logic all fats are created equal too then, no matter if they are synthesized from plants or come from grass-fed animals.
              Nooo, im talking about sugar. Entirely different.

Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
              I don't quote bro science. My glycogen stores are adequately fed at no more than 25g a day. I do not consume any refined sugar. This sugar comes from nuts, fruits, veggies only. And no I don't crave sugar. But if I have ONE Hershey Kiss, I will start to crave it. That is because refined sugar does not have the same chemical structure of natural sugars found in fruits/veggies. Therefore the body does not respond the same way. Your body has to work a lot harder to get ATP from the natural sugars than chemical sugars which are available immediately. Do you understand why diabetics can eat fruit but not cake? All sugars are broken down into metabolic building blocks by your body whether it comes from milk, fruit, or candy. The difference is in what the body can do with those different types of sugars after it's broken down. Any refined sugar is immediate available and rapidly absorbed into the blood stream causing a sudden rise in blood glucose levels, which over time wears out the pancreas. And sugars that are not burned off quickly are stored in the fat cells. Sugars from whole foods often have more soluble fiber which slows the release of sugar into the blood stream, and whole foods are also loaded with real nutrients like vitamins c, and antioxidants. If you still don't get it, I give up, your hopeless
              This is broscience to the max. Btw first we were talking about sugar being comparable to a drug, now you changed directions and are talking about rate of absorption? We are talking about a few grams of sugar in a load of BACON! Im pretty sure that bacon will slow down sugar uptake.

Of course you crave sugar, you are clearly starving yourself of it and creating a stressful state by trying to get enough from protein. It must be hell to always be constantly thinking about avoiding something that is so natural and essential for our bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkChopper View Post
                Nooo, im talking about sugar. Entirely different.
                Not at all. Multiple types of fats, various chemical compositions. Multiple types of sugars, various chemical compositions. That's like saying charcoal and diamonds are the exact same structure because they are both made of carbon.
                -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                  Not at all. Multiple types of fats, various chemical compositions. Multiple types of sugars, various chemical compositions. That's like saying charcoal and diamonds are the exact same structure because they are both made of carbon.
                  No that is just your faulty logic. Fat has nothing to do with what i was originally talking about. Im simply saying that sugar (glucose and fructose in whatever combination) does not cause some sort of mental disorder. It is also absorbed relativelt the same no matter what the source, fiber and fat are really the only two things that can slow down the rate but that is different from what im saying.

Comment

...Im simply saying that sugar (glucose and fructose in whatever combination) does not cause some sort of mental disorder. It is also absorbed relativelt the same no matter what the source, ...
                    I don't buy that at all. It may not cause a mental disorder, but the sugar found in a piece of fruit is absorbed entirely different that the sugar found in a 50 pound bag at Sam's Club. Sure, once absorbed, the frutose goes to the liver and the sucrose gets broken down into glucose of whatever, but the way nature packages sugar versus the way Sam's sugar is composed are where the differences lie.

No study needs to tell me what I already know--if I avoid white table sugar or high-fructose corn syrup, I don't miss sugary foods at all. If I eat sugary foods, I get uncontrollable urges to eat and eat. In fact, credible theorists will tell you this is partly why America is obese--these unnatural cravings from sugary foods.

Comment

Right and that is your n=1 and a theory. In no way are you speaking facts right now. There are other groups if people who eat sugar just fine, in relatively high amounts with no issues. They do not associate sugar with an addiction and that is where your issues begin.

Just like with everything else in the diet world, correlation does not equal causation. Just because you cannot eat candy without binging and just because a diabetic cannot eat junk food without negative consequences does not mean sugar is to blame.

Also sugar is sugar is sugar. Aside from drinking pure fructose or combining sugar with fat, it all gets used the same.
                      Last edited by MarkChopper; 10-30-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Right and that is your n=1 and a theory. In no way are you speaking facts right now. There are other groups if people who eat sugar just fine, in relatively high amounts with no issues. They do not associate sugar with an addiction and that is where your issues begin.

Just like with everything else in the diet world, correlation does not equal causation. Just because you cannot eat candy without binging and just because a diabetic cannot eat junk food without negative consequences does not mean sugar is to blame.

Also sugar is sugar is sugar. Aside from drinking pure fructose or combining sugar with fat, it all gets used the same.
                        Please continue to eat as much sugar as you can consume, it's good for you !

Comment

K.

Comment

It might be an outreach, but have you tried prosciutto? It is very easy to find some PDO and they use only sea salt. It is more expensive than your normal-store bought-sugar and nitrate laden-bacon but the taste is rewarding. I have not been able to find sugar and/or nitrate free bacon to be able to compare the prices (PDO prosciutto vs bacon). Heck, even some beautiful free range wild bore bacon I bought the other week had sugar and nitrates

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

Originally posted by piggy View Post
                              It might be an outreach, but have you tried prosciutto? It is very easy to find some PDO and they use only sea salt. It is more expensive than your normal-store bought-sugar and nitrate laden-bacon but the taste is rewarding. I have not been able to find sugar and/or nitrate free bacon to be able to compare the prices (PDO prosciutto vs bacon). Heck, even some beautiful free range wild bore bacon I bought the other week had sugar and nitrates

Sent from my Nexus 4
                              Subbing in prosciutto for bacon is actually a pretty good idea. Prosciutto is excellent fried just like you would bacon - one time when I bought prosciutto from the deli, the new person working there sliced it way too thick. Fried it up in cast iron and it was absolutely delicious, especially if you're like me and salt is your favorite food.

Prosciutto is also significantly leaner than bacon, another plus. More expensive in most cases, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
                                It matters because if someone is avoiding all refined sugar then that would include a few grams. For some people sugar is like crack, you wouldn't say " I'm going to quit smoking crack, well except for the few grams..." To quit refined sugar is hard, and consuming sugar makes it harder.
                                I find that analogy pretty retarded and potentially offensive. "Oh mean, lol, totes can't eat a few grams of sugar otherwise I turn into a crack whore lol!".
                                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                                X