Paleo or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo or not?

I was wondering if this would fall under paleo??

Check the ingredients list if it had any other ingredients like sugar (or any of sugars other names) then no. I believe salt is ok. They have almond butters that have no added sugar and it should not have more than 1 or 2 grams of natural sugar listed in nutrition. If it has more than 2 g of sugar then it has added sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
      Check the ingredients list if it had any other ingredients like sugar (or any of sugars other names) then no. I believe salt is ok. They have almond butters that have no added sugar and it should not have more than 1 or 2 grams of natural sugar listed in nutrition. If it has more than 2 g of sugar then it has added sugar.

My thing was the whey protein and canola oil

Comment

Originally posted by lmoya83 View Post

Wouldn't get it because of the Canola Oil. A trivial amount of sugar or honey I wouldn't worry about, but try to avoid Canola Oil completely while cooking at home. Justin's and Whole Foods 365 Brand both use Palm Oil in their almond butters and cost less too.
        My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

Comment

I've been told that flax seed oil and complain oil are both no-no's

Comment

Conola*

Comment

I wouldn't eat that. If you want almond butter, buy raw almonds and make your own. Add salt. Sweeten with honey. You can add cinnamon for flavor too

Comment

I wouldn't be thrilled about the canola oil. Eat whatever you want, but if you want almond butter, I think there are better ones out there that are cheaper, too.

To answer your question though, yes, if you'd like to play semantics it could be considered primal, but not paleo (because of the whey.)
                Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Comment

Nope. Not even close.
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Why would almond butter need canola oil, whey protein, flax seed and sweetener? The only ingredients should be almonds (and perhaps salt). Whether or not its paleo is irrelevant, it is a crappy product.
                    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by lmoya83 View Post

I sometimes eat canola oil just to fit in with my family when they get something store bought, but no, it's not paleo. The whey is fine.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                        Why would almond butter need canola oil, whey protein, flax seed and sweetener? The only ingredients should be almonds (and perhaps salt). Whether or not its paleo is irrelevant, it is a crappy product.
                        And this is very true. It's overpriced too.
                        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Try this one I've seen them at mayor grocery stores.

Ingredients:
                          100% organic raw almonds.

Comment

Guess what "natural extract" is. That's right. You know exactly what it is.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Guess what "natural extract" is. That's right. You know exactly what it is.
                              Poop?
                              http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                              X