How bad is drinking when fasting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is drinking when fasting?

I'm getting used to it and I know its bad but how much damaged will a glass ofg diluted cocnut milk or a cocoa powder drink do to help me through?

Thanks
    www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

If it has calories in it, then you're not fasting. That would kind of seem to defeat the purpose.

Comment

I drink coffee with heavy cream when I'm fasting, so I'm interested as well.
      ---
      ~Christine

Comment

Diane's right. Also, fasting is much easier if you don't give your body any calories at all. If you tease yourself with food, hunger comes on strong. My alternative is to work out a bit when I would otherwise be eating. That kick-starts gluconeogenesis, bumps metabolism back up, and always takes care of my hunger pangs.

Comment

I used to fast with nothing but water but didn't find any difference in weight loss or in hunger when I added the coffee and cream back in, that's why i don't bother to cut it out anymore.
          ---
          ~Christine

Comment

yup, use exercise as an appetite supressant. Drink some tea, coffee, or water to keep you over the humps.

If you consume something that has anything but a negligable amount of calories, then it's not a fast...it'd be considered grazing.

try building up to the long fasts if you need to.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I also do cream with my coffee. It doesn't really seem to make a difference with reguard to hunger. The clock seems to have the most affect. Noon=lunch.

There have been studies that very low calorie days have very similar of not the same benefit as complete fast days. I figure that I'm getting 90-99% of the benefit of a zero calorie fast with the cream in the coffee.
              Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

@ChristineCrain - also, keep in mind fasting isn't necessarily about weight loss or hunger for some people. There are many repairitive processes that are happening with the absence of calories during periods of fasting.
                I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

damn you guys are right, not sure wether to carry on with this one now as it won't technically count and efforts feel wasted!

Comment

It's not wasted. Any amount of caloric restriction will contribute to a longer enjoyable life (that's the theory anyways).
                    I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I normally just drink water and tea when I'm fasting. Which come to think of it doesn't mean a while lot. With rare exception I mostly just drink water and tea even when I'm not fasting.
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

lol ok thanks. ill do it properly next time

Comment

That's very true, maybe I should try cutting the coffee again...
                          ---
                          ~Christine

Comment

Working...
                          X