No announcement yet.

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about giving this a try January 1st...because I enjoy cliche New Years resolutions like no other.
    Been a not so primal friendly holidays, I need a break. Plus I could do with a next to nothing grocery bill after Christmas!
    How long do boiled potatoes usually keep in the fridge? I'm planning on boiling up a big bunch to portion out for lunches and dinners. The less only-potato cooking I have to do the better, I hate answering awkward questions from roomies about what I'm eating.

Comment

• Anyone doing this now since it's January and officially time to lose weight? I'm thinking of giving it another go- maybe a day on, day off....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigalxyz View Post
        Well, it's working nicely for me. In 6 weeks (ish) I've dropped about 15 pounds. I'm not just eating potatoes - that would be difficult - but mostly. They seem to have a remarkable ability to fill my stomach - to the extent that even if I don't eat any potatoes for a day or two (eg when travelling), my appetite remains very subdued compared to before.
        What do you eat alongside the potatoes? - hi everyone I am a long time lurker but first time poster

Comment

• Sabrina90, your first line made me lol.

I'm in the mood for a ph. I have some beef back ribs in the crockpot, but as soon as they are devoured, I'm in!!

Tatertot..you are a very patient person.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Somebody should start a new thread for the new year...then we can get over the 'FALL/FAIL' thing and have a thread that isn't almost 100 pages long! I have been super-slammed at work so don't have time to do a new thread justice, but I am planning a week of potatoes next week.

I like the thought of doing monthly potato weeks throughout the winter just to keep any holiday/winter weight in check. If somebody starts a new thread, I'll chime in with my results...

Happy New Year, spud lovers
            Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• I'm in. Stress has been unusually high with a big layoff at work. I survived it but freaked out and have been overeating for several weeks with all the fallout (my friends and coworkers gone, trying to figure out work I've never had to do before, worrying if the company is going to make it, am I next, etc...). Massive damages to undo here.

My daughter goes back to the dorm tonight, so I can focus on this.

Best potato dish of the week: 2 potatoes peeled and sliced with Cuisinart slicer, top (or toss) with a bit of chopped garlic (from jar), rosemary, a generous amount of trader joe's pink Himalayan salt, and pepper, place on large cookie sheet covered with nonstick foil, (I don't preheat) place in oven at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Yum!!!
              2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
              2010 Paleo Diet
              2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

Comment

• I'm in as well, currently on day 3. If someone wants to make a New Year potato diet thread that would be great, I don't feel quite experienced enough to start it myself!

Day 1: had a last bit of skim milk in my coffee before heading back to school. On the road all day, so I didn't eat until dinner, 4 russet potatoes sliced into rounds and baked at 425 for 40ish minutes with just a sprinkle of sea salt, and a handful of fingerlings microwaved well and then mashed up as well. While the taters were baking, I boiled up a huge bag of reds and portioned them out. Should last me about a week for lunches.

Day 2: IF until about 2:30, then two cold boiled potatoes.
                Dinner-3 russets sliced and baked. I did half with italian seasoning and half with a sprinkle of salt, so yummy. Couple more fingerlings microwaved and smashed on the side.

Day 3: Felt a little hungry this morning, but it subsided after black coffee. Lunch was at 2:30 of more cold boiled potatoes. Haven't seen a huge appetite suppressant yet but it's early, and I'm not starving either, so that's fine.
                Tonight will be more baked rounds-they are just SO GOOD. Maybe a microwaved sweet potato on the side. I'm going to eat to satiety today because I did strength and cardio at the gym, and I don't think I made it over 1000 cals Friday or Saturday.

Comment

• I'm going through the resistant starch thread. I'm adding potato starch (not flour) and 50% vegetables (per McDougall to increase weight loss).

I can't handle 4 tbs potato starch. It will have to be 3 tsp per day for now.

This is day 1.
                  2010 Paleo Diet

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Comment

• Key Tones perhaps we should go ahead and make a new year potato diet thread? The 93 pages and "Fall potato diet" title are probably warding people off.

Comment

• Yikes, I will have to see if I recover. I did try to start the past few days but ate out too since we were running around on the last days of Christmas vacation. Taking potato starch apparently the past few days (about 2 T/day) might have caused a problem. My stomach is swollen and I am up three pounds. I remember other people complaining about this but it has never happened to me before. I've done the potato hack before so I am surprised, but I did have hummus yesterday and I don't always do well on beans so this might have just put me over the edge.

Let me know if you start a new thread

I'll check back and let you know.
                      2010 Paleo Diet

Comment

• I started a new thread with quotes from the previous threads. I hope everyone is OK with me having done that.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread99145.html
                        Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
                        Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
                        Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
                        Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
                        1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
                        GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                        CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
                        49 - 5'7.5"
                        Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Working...
                        X