No announcement yet.

Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe Jamie Madrox is talking about this potato calculator: Potato Diet - Maximize weight loss and never feel hungry.

It's missing the whole point of reducing calories without hunger.
    Last edited by Chupo; 12-08-2013, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
      By no change you mean they had good results or it didn't work?

So i could do well with just sweet potatoes is what you're saying?

Also for the reg potato diet what is the bare minimum one could add to the process? Olive oil, spices, honey/maple syrup, nut butters, stevia, mustard?
      1) Continued good results with their success rate.
      2) No, I did not type sweet potatoes only. They had a success rate and it did not change when they added sweet potatoes at a 1:1 ratio with regular potatoes.
      3) For best results, no fats with your potatoes. Only use fat (cream) for your coffee on PHD days. Limit protein (I believe to less than 20 grams) on PHD days and have it 5 hours before or after potatoes.

Someone posted that they tried the PHD using 1/2 regular potatoes and 1/2 sweet potatoes and saw no change in their success rate.
      Last edited by MsSmith; 12-09-2013, 08:06 AM.
      Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
      Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
      Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
      Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
      1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
      GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
      CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
      49 - 5'7.5"
      Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by MuuMuu View Post
        I am NO EXPERT but just from reading a decent chunk of the thread I saw at least one person assert that the hack worked just as well for them using sweet potatoes as it did using white potatoes.

As for adding stuff it seems the less you add to it the better. Really just try to stick to the potatoes and have them prepared as simply as you can manage. It seems the more you add to them the more you increase your chance of not getting the results you are hoping for. In particular I would limit fat.
        If you go back, you will see what they originally typed was they used 1/2 regular and 1/2 sweet.
        GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
        49 - 5'7.5"
        Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by MuuMuu View Post

I started out in February 2012 at 518 lbs bordering on becoming immobilized and now I'm 182 as of Friday and looking to get to my goal weight of 160. I'm still losing pretty consistently but at a snail's pace, I think my body needs a little something to jolt it back into losing mode and I'm hoping this will help. I tolerate fasting pretty well so I'm hoping the PH goes okay for me.
          Absolutely awesome MuuMuu!! Congratulations!
          GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
          49 - 5'7.5"
          Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

Just did the potato diet calculator thing. Said I need to eat at least 22 5oz potato's a day. Are you kidding me? 110oz a little over 6 1/2 lbs. 3300 cals.

Did I do it right.
            I think the original recommendation in this thread is 2-3 pounds per day. If that doesn't fill you up, gradually add more..?

2 pounds a day is very filling for me. I have 2 meals per day. I have not tried to add in sweet potatoes.
            Last edited by MsSmith; 12-09-2013, 07:47 AM.
            GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
            49 - 5'7.5"
            Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
              Just wanted to add that when I did this during the Super Secret Potato Project
              (thread in Odds and Ends), I did half regular potatoes and half sweet potatoes or yams.

It didn't make a lick of difference and I still lost a whack.

Just sayin', for the ones that asked.

Sweet potatoes are absolutely "more tasty" (to me), but I still can't power them down
              like candy or anything.

Full on a potato, is full on a potato already. End of story.

Good luck folks!

Julia

p.s. i kept my coffee, milk, heavy cream and stevia as well... just one cup a day though.
              There it is, from page 6.
              GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
              49 - 5'7.5"
              Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by Chupo View Post
                I believe Jamie Madrox is talking about this potato calculator: Potato Diet - Maximize weight loss and never feel hungry.

yeah that is what I used lol.

I think ill go half and half as i feel all reg potatos would kill my joints. I figure if im going to eat potatos can i eat them with a little bit of yellow mustard? i used to love potatos and mustard but stop using my favorite brand(koops) a long time ago becaue of the paprika in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chupo View Post
                  I believe Jamie Madrox is talking about this potato calculator: Potato Diet - Maximize weight loss and never feel hungry.

But if you read Hyperlipid's account of it, the weight loss isn't from lack of calories, but the body using its fat stores to create enough insulin.

Aside, I wonder whether a (non-fat) fruit/potato hack would achieve, in terms of body comp/fat loss?

Comment

• Yep, it was me that did the 1/2 sweet and 1/2 regular.

I didn't even weigh them or anything either.

Just switched off when I got tired of the other and ate as many as I
                    wanted, which wasn't many cuz the potato hack was like free gastric
                    bypass surgery WITHOUT the hunger.... with either potato.

Yanno what else I've been thinking about, along with the fat burning,
                    I seriously think that the potato hack cleans out long standing GUNK
                    in your colon as well... cuz lemme tell you, with as little as I was eating,
                    I certainly was extraordinarily prolific in the bathroom.

Yeah, gross, I know - GET OVER IT. Hi!

But really, I was in awe... cuz some days I could barely make it through ONE huge
                    russet, and the next day it was like "relleh, the bathroom....., AGAIN?" And I'm not
                    talking about "the works", either. Everything was normal... just the frequency and amount
                    wasn't.

Weird.

Carry on potato people!

Julia

Comment

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                      Yep, it was me that did the 1/2 sweet and 1/2 regular.

I didn't even weigh them or anything either.

Just switched off when I got tired of the other and ate as many as I
                      wanted, which wasn't many cuz the potato hack was like free gastric
                      bypass surgery WITHOUT the hunger.... with either potato.

Yanno what else I've been thinking about, along with the fat burning,
                      I seriously think that the potato hack cleans out long standing GUNK
                      in your colon as well... cuz lemme tell you, with as little as I was eating,
                      I certainly was extraordinarily prolific in the bathroom.

Yeah, gross, I know - GET OVER IT. Hi!

But really, I was in awe... cuz some days I could barely make it through ONE huge
                      russet, and the next day it was like "relleh, the bathroom....., AGAIN?" And I'm not
                      talking about "the works", either. Everything was normal... just the frequency and amount
                      wasn't.

Weird.

Carry on potato people!

Julia
                      awesome thanks. Ill do 1/2 and 1/2.

also from what understand one should do this 3 days a week and can see results from it? does that mean 3 days in a row or every other day?

Comment

• Its is so awesome. I love eating potatoes. But I always thought it would increase my weight. I am glad you proved me wrong. Now I am going on a full week potato diet. Thanks

Comment

also from what understand one should do this 3 days a week and can see results from it? does that mean 3 days in a row or every other day?
                          As many days in a row that you can tolerate it. You may want to read the first page of this thread...?
                          Last edited by MsSmith; 12-10-2013, 03:12 AM.
                          GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
                          49 - 5'7.5"
                          Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• This is still on my to do list. I'm not sure about nutrient deficiencies, so I'd probably add a couple of boiled eggs.
                            http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

• Originally posted by dallytante View Post
                              Aside, I wonder whether a (non-fat) fruit/potato hack would achieve, in terms of body comp/fat loss?
                              Fruit has fructose which I believe is converted to fat in the liver. I don't know if that would screw the PH magic because sweet potatoes do have fructose as well. One has to try. Note that fruitarians are quite slender. But the nice thing about the pure PH is that you get quickly bored and reach satiety quick enough. Add fruits and you may feel hungry, there would be some reasons for that, but I am just speculating.

In my case, a real hunger killer is the raw potato starch. If I have say 2-3Tbsp in the morning and some black coffee, I am not even tempted to eat in the evening ...

Comment

• before i give this a go what is the absolute bare minimum one can add to the potatos?

especially in terms of fat and condiments9especially mustard). Is tea or 0 cal carbonated water with fruit oils in it ok? lemon juice in water? apple cider Vinegar? spices - cinnamon, ginger, salt, pepper, stevia?

what about kelp sprinkles, nori sheets, or kombu strips?

Comment

Working...
                                X