Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
    Do white potatoes have anything that sweet potatoes don't, besides the nightshade alkaloids?
    I don't know I'm no food expert and I've never seen a thread called the the sweet potato diet. I do think sweet potatoes have more carbs and cals per ounce than white potatoes though.

Comment

Do white potatoes have anything that sweet potatoes don't, besides the nightshade alkaloids?
      White potatoes have potato magic.

Comment

• Pretty sure somebody had sweet potato magic happen, too.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• There's just always the caution of too much Vit A with sweet potatoes only.

Comment

Pretty sure somebody had sweet potato magic happen, too.
            so sweet potatoes would work then? how much a day?

Comment

• Someone posted that they tried the PHD using 1/2 regular potatoes and 1/2 sweet potatoes and saw no change in their success rate.
              Paleo Diet: 8-25-13 Wt: 185 BF% 27
              Primal Diet (Lower Fat/Carb): 9-27, Wt: 176.4
              Potato Hack Diet (Rotation): 11-12, Wt: 171.2
              Primal Diet (LF/C): 1-23-14, Wt: 159.6
              1-30-2014 - 157 (lowest weight since 2004)
              GAPS/SCD 12-29-2014
              CW: 164 GW: 130-135 CBF%: 24.38
              49 - 5'7.5"
              Macros (PFC) 30/40/30

Comment

• Originally posted by MsSmith View Post
                Someone posted that they tried the PHD using 1/2 regular potatoes and 1/2 sweet potatoes and saw no change in their success rate.
                By no change you mean they had good results or it didn't work?

So i could do well with just sweet potatoes is what you're saying?

Also for the reg potato diet what is the bare minimum one could add to the process? Olive oil, spices, honey/maple syrup, nut butters, stevia, mustard?

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  That's what I'm certainly hoping!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                    By no change you mean they had good results or it didn't work?

So i could do well with just sweet potatoes is what you're saying?

Also for the reg potato diet what is the bare minimum one could add to the process? Olive oil, spices, honey/maple syrup, nut butters, stevia, mustard?
                    I am NO EXPERT but just from reading a decent chunk of the thread I saw at least one person assert that the hack worked just as well for them using sweet potatoes as it did using white potatoes.

As for adding stuff it seems the less you add to it the better. Really just try to stick to the potatoes and have them prepared as simply as you can manage. It seems the more you add to them the more you increase your chance of not getting the results you are hoping for. In particular I would limit fat.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                      HOLY HARA, MuuMuu!!!! Congrats!! That's one hell of a success.
                      Thanks! Mostly I am shocked that I allowed myself to get that big and I'm at the point right now where I am just so sick of being fat. I really want to get to my goal and work on my fitness goals and just maintaining for awhile. I've been pushing myself really really hard to lose the rest of this weight and losing fractions of pounds a week is getting frustrating.

Comment

It was easy, it was enjoyable, it was sustainable. But this time I put on weight each day. The third day I decided to do non-potato starchy carbs. Weight gain continued. At some point I guess I will attempt to figure out what is going on and set up an experiment to test some of the possibilities.

The following day I ate 1800 calories, including 225g of protein. I got sick (something to do with raw fish I ate, no doubt), vomiting and diarrhea overnight. Yet I put on even more weight. Oh, well.
                        That's puzzling and somewhat troubling! I'm not planning on weighing myself until four days in...hope I don't hop on the scale to discover I've gained each day.

Comment

• Day One:

No breakfast, just black coffee in AM.

Packed 11 ounces of cold boiled potatoes plain for work (just filled a container and then weighed it and it was 11 ounces). Ate 9 ounces cold and felt satisfied enough that I stopped there.

After work I went for a walk for an hour, then had some more coffee and some seltzer water. Feeling pretty hungry so around 7pm had 13 oz potatoes...put them dry in a pan, ended up adding a couple teaspoons vinegar, some pepper and a few drops of Tobasco. Kind of deglazed the pan with a couple spoonfuls of water and scraped up all the browned bits and threw them in the bowl with the hot potatoes.

Feel okay now...not stuffed, not really hungry, no dizziness or anything like that. Going to have some tea and call it a night.

What kind of concerns me is that I really really like the potatoes. Even cold they taste great. Like I could eat too much of them if I wasn't careful. These yukon golds taste creamy and buttery right outta the fridge. Hopefully I'll get sick of them and start decreasing the amt. I'm eating as the days go by.

Comment

• Just did the potato diet calculator thing. Said I need to eat at least 22 5oz potato's a day. Are you kidding me? 110oz a little over 6 1/2 lbs. 3300 cals.

Did I do it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                              Just did the potato diet calculator thing. Said I need to eat at least 22 5oz potato's a day. Are you kidding me? 110oz a little over 6 1/2 lbs. 3300 cals.

Did I do it right.
                              Yowza.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                                Just did the potato diet calculator thing. Said I need to eat at least 22 5oz potato's a day. Are you kidding me? 110oz a little over 6 1/2 lbs. 3300 cals.

Did I do it right.
                                What is the potato diet calculator? Just eat potatoes to no particular target. less is better. 2-3 pounds a day for most people.
                                Find me on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X