Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tatertot View Post
    I really like the thought of that! If the weight loss holds true, it would be a really good way to do it.
    I lost 3lbs in one day doing potatoes for lunch and 16oz cottage cheese for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      I lost 3lbs in one day doing potatoes for lunch and 16oz cottage cheese for dinner.
      Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• I did the potato hack for...I dunno...a week or two last year. I didn't have any amazing results, but I found it pretty easy to stay on straight potatoes with nothing else. Apparently I'm good at mono eating.

Now I'm kinda thinking about doing it again when I hit another deload week. OR I was thinking about doing a couple weeks where I eat "normal" on workout days but straight potatoes on rest days...

Thinking...

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• I think potatoes are a good thing to eat on rest days... I get satiated with below 1500cals.

Also! I love that it saves a ton of money. My food budget this week and last went wayyy down. Yay for poor law student's diet.

------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            I did the potato hack for...I dunno...a week or two last year. I didn't have any amazing results, but I found it pretty easy to stay on straight potatoes with nothing else. Apparently I'm good at mono eating.

Now I'm kinda thinking about doing it again when I hit another deload week. OR I was thinking about doing a couple weeks where I eat "normal" on workout days but straight potatoes on rest days...

Thinking...

Sent via lightsaber
            The only guy I know who really f*cked up the potato diet was PKLOPP. His version was potatoes+eggs+tuna+whey protein+milk or something. Remember? Kind of a funky format, too old I guess, Fun to reminisce--lots of familiar names.
            Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Yeah, I'm just wondering if potatoes and not chunks of meat on rest days will limit my squat progress. I'm trying to hit 315!

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Just made a 4lb batch of potatoes for tomorrow. Put cumin & trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute in along with the usual olive oil, paprika, sea salt and black pepper. Amaaaaazing. Cumin is magical.

Whatever is uneaten will be eaten next week.

------

Comment

Don't peel, boil in skin for 20-23 mins, let sit for an hour, peel, cube.

I peel thickly actually and twice, cuz the peel and under the peel would have more salicylate, the rest of the potatoe is low/negligble amount.
                  I also never boil, I steam them, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to do.

Comment

I think a potatoes until dinner (then a lot of protein) is a good strategy. Once these days are over I am doing that for weekdays.

Lolling at the TaterOtzi name.
                    Last week my scale was very kind to me doing tators during the day then meat & veggie for dinner. I am almost "normal" with the fam too. Dinner is usually around 6 so sometimes I might also have half a cup of cottage cheese like around 8.

TaterOtzi - I keep hearing Ron White... "they call me... Tator Salad"
                    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Not tired of the taters yet!

Day 1 morning weight: 153.0 (man, I hate scales)
                      Day 2 morning weight: 151.2 (-1.8 lbs)
                      Day 3 morning weight: 149.4 (-1.8 lbs)

Liking the results so far.
                      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                        Not tired of the taters yet!

Day 1 morning weight: 153.0 (man, I hate scales)
                        Day 2 morning weight: 151.2 (-1.8 lbs)
                        Day 3 morning weight: 149.4 (-1.8 lbs)

Liking the results so far.
                        AuroraB - I snooped on your profile, how cool that you are in medical/surgical field. Healthcare workers are some of the most unhealthy people I know. I work in a hospital, see it every day. I think what will really surprise you is that the weight stays off when you go back to normal eating. I'm sure you could pig-out for a week or two and get it back if you wanted, but if you were maintaining before, it doesn't seem to take any effort at all to maintain at the new lower weight.

I can only imagine your co-workers reactions when they find out you lost with an all-potato diet. The good thing is that once you do it, you are an instant expert. No special training necessary!

Maybe someone can start a new thread in a couple weeks called 'potato diet long-term results' or similar.
                        Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                          AuroraB - I snooped on your profile, how cool that you are in medical/surgical field. Healthcare workers are some of the most unhealthy people I know. I work in a hospital, see it every day. I think what will really surprise you is that the weight stays off when you go back to normal eating. I'm sure you could pig-out for a week or two and get it back if you wanted, but if you were maintaining before, it doesn't seem to take any effort at all to maintain at the new lower weight.

I can only imagine your co-workers reactions when they find out you lost with an all-potato diet. The good thing is that once you do it, you are an instant expert. No special training necessary!

Maybe someone can start a new thread in a couple weeks called 'potato diet long-term results' or similar.
                          Well, I get mixed responses from my co-workers for my WOE. Most of them admire my 'willpower' others just think I'm very bizarre.
                          I'm actually trying to lose the 15 lbs I've put on over the summer after I had surgery. I'll be damned if I have to look at the cloths in my closet the are too small for me any longer!

True Story:
                          My employer used to have a self-funded health insurance plan a few years ago. One of the many obese/overweight nurses that worked here (she was morbidly obese) wanted to have a gastric bypass. She had tried numerous other ways to lose ~ unsuccessfully.
                          The hospital board denied approval and said that the insurance company deemed it "cosmetic" surgery. She quit shortly after that decision. It made me angry because she didn't really have any major health issues at that time and she was actually going to hopefully improve her health and not be such a drain for the hospitals self-funded program.
                          During that same time-frame and then shortly after, there were 2 other employees that (1)suffered a stroke (age 72) and (2) had a CABG and never recovered. Both had extremely long hospital stays and basically 'broke' the system within 6 months of the new calendar year.
                          Talk about a major fail.
                          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• So hard to have cold potatoes for lunch when it is cold outside but I am sticking to it. Hot tea afterwards but no heated potatoes so I don't eat 1400-1500 cals worth in a day of potatoes again! Sheesh.

------

Comment

• Further to what I was saying yesterday about the knock-on satiety effect of spuds, I lost one pound during my two days of potato eating, jumped on the scale this morning after three days normal eating and have dropped another 3.5!!!

I'm spudding it again for the next four days and I'll be very, very interested to see what happens.
                              My Journal

Comment

• Holy shitballs Em! That is awesome!

Julia

Comment

Working...
                                X