Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I know the microwave is faster and all that, BUT, if you want crunchy, girrrrrrl,
    slice them tators into thin rounds, put them on NONSTICK FOIL (spendy, but SO WORTH IT!)
    and cook at 375 or 400 for however long (keep an eye on them), and then break your
    teeth on them like I almost did yesterday.
    I shall do those at the weekend it will be a good treat.
    I will use the processor to slice them thin and do a large portion in the hope I wont eat it all at once ...ha..

Comment

• don't forget the nonstick foil, hots

or if you have a REAL nonstick pan that WORKS

getting potatoes off foil is absolutely impossible.

ask my fillings how they know. . . .

Comment

I know the microwave is faster and all that, BUT, if you want crunchy, girrrrrrl,
        slice them tators into thin rounds, put them on NONSTICK FOIL (spendy, but SO WORTH IT!)
        and cook at 375 or 400 for however long (keep an eye on them), and then break your
        teeth on them like I almost did yesterday.

Okay, okay, NOT REALLY, but they were CRUNCHY.

The bad thing? The kids were ALL OVER THEM "Oh mommy! can you make some more of these?"

Well, you little garbage disposals, looks like I'm going to HAVE TO, because TWO potato
        rounds does not a dinner make!

And then I promptly beat them within an inch of their lives WITH a potato.

Fine, I'm lying.

Tatertot - YOU know what "or else" means. Stop being coy. You're scared shitless of my
        wrath and you know it. Even alllllll the waaaaaay to your house. Don't make me fly on my
        broom out there just to kick your ass.

Love Always,

The Enforcer
        Dear Enforcer,

Do you put any seasonings on those lovely crunchies? And thanks for the heads-up, I'll make them when kidlets aren't around
        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

don't forget the nonstick foil, hots

Actually I only use non sick foil started years ago and never went back to regular foil !!

Comment

• I didn't.

Just slapped 'em down there and then salted the little buggers
            while they were still wet and starchy to hold it.

Good luck! And thank you for using my True Given Name.

lol

Comment

• Potato Diet, Fall 2013

I might make potato chips with my dehyrator. However maybe that would be easy to overeat?

Ps. French fries in the oven are crispier if you salt, let sit for 30mins, dab the extra water, mix with oil of choice, and bake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

don't forget the nonstick foil, hots

Can't you just use parchment paper?
                I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Ok. Went out shopping and bought 22 lbs of potatoes. That'd just sounds f'dup.

However, though I'm unsure if this is some potato Ponzi scheme or if it really works I invested about 15 bucks in potatoes. Should last a week if I eat 3 lbs a day.

I'll start Sunday as I have food that needs to be eaten. I will however not have them for lunch as I'm eating at my mothers. She will likely make macaroni and meatballs.
                  By Monday I should be fully spud involved. I'll post a beginning and daily weight along with amount if taters I've eten.
                  I plan to just eat plain boiled potatoes for as long as I can. No oils veggies accidentally eaten ribeye etc.

If I don't go belly up in the first couple days I hope to go at least 7 days.

Comment

• Week 2 Day 4 - 104.8kgs (-2.2kgs since start, up .3kgs on yesterday)

Yesterday's food fast till lunch 500g BP with salt and pepper. Diner was 800g sweet potato with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a 1/2 cup of mince pasta sauce... That opened the gate a bit ad before bed had cheese and a glass of milk plus 3 homemade biscuits...

Key for me is to keep it to Plain BP. This time last year I was down 5-6kgs...

Exercise today was 5x5 in the gym of squats, bench and rows with pull ups an dips as assisting exercise and finish with 10 mins of KB snatches Intervals. No loss in strength or energy from last workout.

Cheers
                    "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                      Ok. Went out shopping and bought 22 lbs of potatoes. That'd just sounds f'dup.

However, though I'm unsure if this is some potato Ponzi scheme or if it really works I invested about 15 bucks in potatoes. Should last a week if I eat 3 lbs a day.

I'll start Sunday as I have food that needs to be eaten. I will however not have them for lunch as I'm eating at my mothers. She will likely make macaroni and meatballs.
                      By Monday I should be fully spud involved. I'll post a beginning and daily weight along with amount if taters I've eten.
                      I plan to just eat plain boiled potatoes for as long as I can. No oils veggies accidentally eaten ribeye etc.

If I don't go belly up in the first couple days I hope to go at least 7 days.
                      Not sure how big, old, fit, or fat you are, but what works for me is to IF til 11am, eat one big potato, then nothing til dinner when I eat 2-3 potatoes. I usually fill up before the 3rd one is done. If I need a snack after dinner, munch a small cold potato. This puts me at a huuuge calorie deficit but I'm not hungry or lightheaded or anything. It's much easier than fasting.

If you try to eat as many as you can, or hit a certain calorie target, that's a different thing. I try to eat as few as possible without being starved. I find my hunger goes off a cliff by end of second day and after 5 days I plan a really good, nutritious meal.

If you drink coffee--continue. If you work out intensely--stop.
                      Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                        Not sure how big, old, fit, or fat you are, but what works for me is to IF til 11am, eat one big potato, then nothing til dinner when I eat 2-3 potatoes. I usually fill up before the 3rd one is done. If I need a snack after dinner, munch a small cold potato. This puts me at a huuuge calorie deficit but I'm not hungry or lightheaded or anything. It's much easier than fasting.

If you try to eat as many as you can, or hit a certain calorie target, that's a different thing. I try to eat as few as possible without being starved. I find my hunger goes off a cliff by end of second day and after 5 days I plan a really good, nutritious meal.

If you drink coffee--continue. If you work out intensely--stop.
                        I have one coffee a day, cream only. I'm currently 201 lbs. 5'9 and 41yo.

I plan on restricting my gym time. Maybe just walking see how that goes.

Comment

• I'm finding that doing the spuds has a knock on effect on satiety even when you come off them. I did two days of taters on the weekend and this is day three of normal eating and I am finding my appetite much reduced.

Back on spuds for 4 days tomorrow.
                          My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
                            I have one coffee a day, cream only. I'm currently 201 lbs. 5'9 and 41yo.

I plan on restricting my gym time. Maybe just walking see how that goes.
                            Walking's great--that's what I do when tatering. I suspect you will do great and lose lots. Seems to work really good for guys. You can use it to get down to and below whatever goal weight you set--it never stops working. Just be sure to stop and refeed once a week or so. I'm finding a '5 on 2 off' or a '5 on 2-3 weeks off' works just great.
                            Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                              I'm finding that doing the spuds has a knock on effect on satiety even when you come off them. I did two days of taters on the weekend and this is day three of normal eating and I am finding my appetite much reduced.

Back on spuds for 4 days tomorrow.
                              Exact same for me. Plus taste buds are alive afterwards, no? I have yet to experience any more than maybe 1 pound of regain in the days after, usually lose 1-2 more the following week without trying.
                              Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• I don't know nuttin' 'bout no parchment paper, so you go with God my friend, and let
                                us know how it turned out.

My spuds act like a diet pill - so weird. I've only had 395 cals all day and still not
                                hungry from my spuds at 1pm.

I also, for some reason, have boundless energy today... and an odd "all over happy feeling".

Like, smarmy and virtuous.... Like the feeling you get when you take dopamine releasing
                                narcotics.

don'taskmehowiknow

~Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X