Potato Diet, Fall 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Ok, I'm in. I need to get a kick start on some weight loss. I can't do this at work, but I only work 7 days out of 14 so I'll just do the spuds on days I'm at home. I'll also keep my morning coffee with milk, sugar and gelatin, I think I'd rather die than give that up.
    I know what you mean, there's no diet I'd ever try no matter how interesting if I had to give up my coffee, with a dash of cocoa and plenty of cream. It makes absolutely no difference here, I have two of those a day. Maintaining state of bliss throughout the potato hack

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
      Keep the coffee...we don't need you to die. I find it's easier to pull off the potato diet while at work, got stuff to keep me occupied. Only downside is if you have to eat lunch with others, then it's hard. Doing it at home can be good, too, especially if it keeps you from mindless eating. Let us know!
      I have to eat all my meals with others and they're all nosy nurses too,so someone would quiz me, then lecture me and I really don't need that noise Home is easier for me, it's just me and the kids and they love spuds. I'll just add meat and veg to theirs.
      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by epicurie View Post
        I know what you mean, there's no diet I'd ever try no matter how interesting if I had to give up my coffee, with a dash of cocoa and plenty of cream. It makes absolutely no difference here, I have two of those a day. Maintaining state of bliss throughout the potato hack
        Good to know
        My Journal

Comment

• So no fat at all?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by voyaging View Post
            So no fat at all?
            No fat at all is the purest and the original potato diet. As they said in 1849, 'no salt, no butter, no condiment of any kind'

However, in 2013, some have found it's OK to use a bit of salt, butter (fat), or condiments. When I say 'a bit', I mean, 'a bit'. Not a stick of butter--a sliver of butter!

Comment

• Thanks for the info otzi! Will see what tomorrow brings

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• I saw chocotaco mention the fact that it is an insulingenic meal + low/zero fat means the body has to pull body fat to make insulin! Not sure if that is true but sounds plausible as insulin synthesis required fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Feeling pain in my joints and snoring is back. Mild gas, too. This may also be due to my recent uptick in yogurt inhalation and lack of sleep. I will keep the taters, cut the dairy, and see what happens. A better food budget is only better if it doesn't kill you.

Ate three potatoes with a smidge of butter, lots of salt and pepper and a garlic clove. I've also been eating an onion a day, so FODMAP slap. Lol at too many variables!
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                    I saw chocotaco mention the fact that it is an insulingenic meal + low/zero fat means the body has to pull body fat to make insulin! Not sure if that is true but sounds plausible as insulin synthesis required fat.
                    Hmmm. Reminds me of this article I just read...

Sydney scientists describe how a fat recycling system within pancreatic 'beta cells' determines the amount of insulin they secrete, and so may provide a target for future diabetes therapies.

A small structure inside the beta cell, known as a 'lysosome', behaves like an intracellular recycling unit. It breaks down unwanted fats and proteins in such a way that they can be re-used.

Comment

• I'm starting today with these local Irish bad boys.

Starting weight is 86kg (189 lbs), waist measurement 33". Went a bit overboard with non-primal food and booze in the last few days so I expect some quick losses as I feel pretty bloated. I intend to do this for a week or so and to see how it goes. Had plenty of eggs, Brussels sprouts, chicken and oysters yesterday.

Comment

• First day down. I had two lattes with skim milk, gelatin and sugar. A pound of mashed potatoes (made with a splash of skim milk) for lunch and 350g cut into wedges and baked with spices for dinner. I'm stuffed and I barely made 1000 calories for the day!
                        My Journal

Comment

• -1.4 this morning
                          Last edited by gopintos; 11-01-2013, 06:27 AM. Reason: Can't do basic math
                          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• wow, I never knew there are so many potato desserts: Potato Desserts

Comment

• Originally posted by Hotmail View Post
                              wow, I never knew there are so many potato desserts: Potato Desserts
                              Coconut potato fudge...who knew!

Comment

• Well, like the oats thread, this thread *made* me crave potatoes today
                                for breakfast.

Baked up some regular ol' russet wedges until they puffed out like
                                balloons and were crispy on the outside (no oil necessary, but I put
                                salt on them).

It was an "almost forearm sized" potato, and I could only eat half
                                of the wedges before mysteriously losing interest.

That was at 10:30am, and now at 1:43pm, the thought of eating ANYTHING
                                (and I mean anything, even the 21lbs of halloween candy the kids got
                                last night, yes, i weighed it all, doesn't phase me) actually makes me want
                                to barf a little.

Oh potato, why you work in such mysterious ways? WHY?

Never eating again,

Julia

Comment

Working...
                                X