No announcement yet.

What paleo food are you obsessed with?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What paleo food are you obsessed with?

I seem to have a problem with Japanese Sweet Potatoes damn Whole Foods have them 25% off today so I decided to buy just under 25 lbs haha. Best sweet potato there is

Cows.

beef-chart-cuts-of-meat.jpg
    And we call that a red kumara here (we can also get orange ones that are a little sweeter). It's delicious no matter how you cook it.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 10-22-2013, 06:07 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I have decided to eat just meat and potatoes (sweet or otherwise) mainly. I don't seem to get tired of it. I might get tired of individual meats or individual potatoes, but there's always another kind of meat and another kind of potato to eat.

Another thing to get obsessed with is this chocolate I found that was like a dark milk chocolate, not very sweet but creamy, with salt and pepper on it. Oh man. I had to hide the bars from myself and swear never to go to the store that sells them.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Coffee, tea.

Annnnd meat. Beef and lamb, all day every day. I can eat a scary amount.

I go through periods of obsession with everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-22-2013, 08:04 PM.
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Currently, it's plantains and taro. But it changes all the time!!
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Out of curiosity when you eat beef how much do you usually eat?

Comment

awwwwww....that's really beautiful

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
              Cows.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14018[/ATTACH]
              And we call that a red kumara here (we can also get orange ones that are a little sweeter). It's delicious no matter how you cook it.
              fats are the new sweets!

Comment

Almond Butter.
                Can't have in house anymore. I was eating almost a jar every other day-gained 10 lbs after doing that for a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by paint94979 View Post
                  Out of curiosity when you eat beef how much do you usually eat?
                  Usually around 3/4-1lb when I am at my house.

At a restaurant? I have eaten probably 4ish lbs in one sitting. (All you can eat)

------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by Wendywoohoo View Post
                    Almond Butter.
                    Can't have in house anymore. I was eating almost a jar every other day-gained 10 lbs after doing that for a few weeks.

UGH- me too. I literally cant buy it as I just eat it with a spoon. Or on a carrot.

Current issue is eating too much (really good, sharp and tangy) greek yoghurt - only benefit is that its only got 2 ingred (organic milk and cultures) and is very low carbs (<5g/100g).

The other issue is coconut cream icecream ('nice cream' - chocolate flavor). SWOON.

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                      Usually around 3/4-1lb when I am at my house.

At a restaurant? I have eaten probably 4ish lbs in one sitting. (All you can eat)

]
                      That, lady is IMPRESSIVE. Makes me hungry, too.

Comment

feeling fishy lately, not good for the wallet

• smoked trout
                        • sole steamed w/ ginger and lemongrass
                        • squid bokkeum
                        • grilled prawn skewers

It's also chestnut season (all ~7 days of it) so I'm tossing them into stew and casserole

asdfj@#& also fresh cranberries

I'm stuffed...
                        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by heatherp View Post
                          That, lady is IMPRESSIVE. Makes me hungry, too.
                          Makes me hungry too. Not going back to Texas until winter break. Must make my own beef ribs until then...

No decent BBQ here.

------

Comment

Smoked fish, of all kinds.....

This past summer, I built an old-fashioned smoke house down by the creek on my property. It took a few days, uses all "junk wood", and will likely burn down one day.

I load that thing up with the cheapest fish I can find. In a recent trip to Boston last month, I came home with over 200 pounds of pretty much anything with gills, the cheaper and supposedly less edible the better. I ended up paying about $3 a pound for it all, buying it direct from guys with hooks in their hats.

You take that, let it thaw for awhile, then filet it, mince the rest into patties....load up the bottom grates with all of the mince, then drape the wooden rods with the filets. Start the fire, then wait about 8 hours.

Everything you take out after that will be unbelievable.

I am waiting for a bear to beat me to my own smoked fish though one of these days
                            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Lately, I can't get enough of roast chicken - skin, drippings and all. And I'm yet to have any luck in saving some of the meat for the next day. It's just too delicious.
                              Last edited by Orange; 10-24-2013, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X