Happy food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy food

Wonder if we can list food that some of us felt it really lifted their mood and made them particularly happy/optimistic ?

We all know about chocolate... any others?

Krispy Kremes!!!

Comment

Happy food

Tea
      Sugar (not primal but what the hey)

Food doesn't usually make me happy. More carbs help me be in a better mood but that is more of a long term effect than immediate happiness. Comfort food might be a different story, but I find exercise makes me euphoric. Dance, lifting, swimming.

Nothing like walking back through Brooklyn, jay z rapping about my neighborhood in my ear, sweat dropping from my temples and my feet itching to dance. Nothing like burning it up on the dance floor.

I rarely link food and emotions. Food is delicious and fuel for life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I though you were from Texas? Ha

Comment

From. Not currently in Texas.

------
          HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

My home smoked St. Louis style Spare Ribs

Pure ecstasy.

Comment

Oh sorry, you mentioned Brooklyn like you ran the place haha

Comment

Originally posted by charlii View Post
                Oh sorry, you mentioned Brooklyn like you ran the place haha
                I do. In my booty gym shorts and nike shoes.

------

Comment

I've got booty gym shorts and nike shoes, would that make me de facto boss if I was there?

Comment

Abalone fresh out of Half Moon Bay.
                    Watermelon in the summer.
                    Aged prime rib with Katie's Yorkshire pudding at Christmas.
                    J3nn's cheezey gelatin right off of a spoon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Crispy slices of salty fried pork belly.

Yeah, my family thinks I'm crazy, but it's happy food for me.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Coffee
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

+1 on coffee as well. Although I tend to overdo it.
                          "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

Coffee
                            you beat me too it. but yes. coffee. above all other food. and i prob overdo it too.

Comment

No particular foods, but when I try something new at home, preparing the dish from fresh high quality ingredients, loosely following a recipe and adding my own "touch". When it comes out really good and filling, I am happy

I also enjoy sharing what I cook. Makes me happy too

Comment

Working...
                              X