Protein powder for smoothies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein powder for smoothies

I decided to switch up breakfast and make a smoothie instead. I drank it while getting ready for work, at 6:30 a.m. By 10 a.m. my stomach was rumbling. I need a smoothie that can carry me through till lunch, about 12:45 p.m. I'm wondering if a scoop, or however much, added to the smoothie would help. Would you make some recommendations on brand? If I could buy it at Walmart or Sams Club, that would help.

Any Whey protein powder also try adding in some fats such as coconut oil or peanut butter, that should stave off the hunger for longer.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
      Any Whey protein powder also try adding in some fats such as coconut oil or peanut butter, that should stave off the hunger for longer.
      I have a jar of coconut oil right here. About how much, a TBL or so?

Comment

^how much coconut oil do you usually use when cooking? Don't add more than that, or add it cautiously, or else you might end up having it pass through your system MUCH faster than you'd hoped.

And by that I mean diarrhea
        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          ^how much coconut oil do you usually use when cooking? Don't add more than that, or add it cautiously, or else you might end up having it pass through your system MUCH faster than you'd hoped.

Thanks, it didn't give me a problem when I was taking it 3 times a day, 1 TBL each time. I stopped when I began to consider weight gain. So, from what you say, probably 1 TBL in the smoothie. Funny, I was sitting here with a rumbling stomach, read the post and just took 1 TbL. I think I can make it until lunch now.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            namelesswonder, since when are you funny?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I have been using Honeyville powdered egg whites for some time now. No artificial anything. Just powdered egg whites.

Comment

I throw a couple eggs in my smoothy and that helps a bit. Protein powder works well too. I have unsweetened right now, it's pretty good but the sweetened types are easier to find.
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                X