Irregularity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irregularity

So Ive been posting about digestive issues a lot and I was having some success, but lately ive been really irregular. I know im getting good fiber from spinach, carrots, winter squash, sweet potatoes. I have eliminated fodmaps, eggs, nuts, seeds, and dairy for a while now. Ive introduced ginger for the last month or so, and im at a loss as to why im not regular. Been off gluten and beans for at least 6 months. Im interested in some testing. Does anyone have any suggestions on types of tests i should get? ie stool, hormones, etc. Please help.

Sent from my XT907 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Magnesium, hydration, and food volume. Got those cornered?

Are you only going once a week?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Try some probiotics and add a few plums or prunes to your diet.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

maybe add some more fat too?

Comment

Hydration is good. About a gallon per day. Got lots of fat. Eat about 3000cals/day. I just have no sensation of movements at all..

Comment

Try cooked, cooled and refried white potatoes and basmati rice. A few green bananas on top of the rice and potatoes.

Comment

Aloe Vera juice works well - the cranberry flavour is nicer

Also now foods digestive enzymes works well.

Comment

-Supplement magnesium daily. Start at 200 mg, add a dose (spread throughout the day) until you have a BM. This is a temporary measure.
                -Do you have a regular intake of probiotics? does that make a difference?
                -Any other digestive symptoms? Bloat, gurgling, pain, gas? Heartburn?
                -Any digestive issues pre-primal?
                Depression Lies

Comment

No pain, no bloating. Maybe a tiny bit of gas. Nothing really outstanding. I eat a lot of ground beef 75%/25%. Also, I tend to eat 1lb of meat at a time by itself. Later I'll eat carrots, spinach, kale. Then eat another lb of meat a few hours later. I separate meals by meat and carbs. I haven't been mixing them together. Should I eat meat and veggies at the same time?

Comment

Try prunes.

Comment

I don't think it should really matter if you eat veggies and meat at the same time or separately, but you can always try. I agree that prunes would be good to try, but you should definitely try to sort out the cause & only use natural laxatives as a temporary measure.

A stool test through your doctor could help identify any bacterial issues, but try some saurkraut, or just the juice from the jar for probiotics. You can also try eating more starches, if you are not eating them.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

Irregular in what way?

Comment

Ill get some prunes and sauerkraut tomorrow. By irregular i mean, 2 days no stool, 2 days stool, and last three days no stool. Better luck tomorrow. Been driving 1hr a couple days this week to my home town from college. Could this contribute to it? Again, i have no pain or bloating.

Comment

Ditching the green vegetables and having a carrot salad (with coconut oil not olive) and daily aspirin (or 3) is what has helped me. Sugar from fruit is also key.

Don't take probiotics, they're b.s.

Comment

I find that if I don't eat enough fruit, then I have problems. Berries and dates work well. ( Though too many dates work too well for me)

Comment

Working...
                              X