Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I eat 65% fat but my husband wants cereal.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
    good thing mark has the 80/20 rule. except nobody actually reads the book anymore and everyone gets caught up in the "how hard can I paleo" mentality. 80/20. that means of the 20 meals you eat in a week, 4 of them can be absolute crap and according to mark, the author of the primal blueprint, you're still perfectly primal. 80/20. so for all the softheads stressing over soda and gummy bears and a slice of pizza...stop acting like Nazis and remember the 80/20 rule
    i'm considering a Time Out corner when i read stories like that

    'you're in big trouble, now sit there and think about what you did wrong'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

    Comment


    • #47
      When Knifegill first became Primal, I wasn't. Breakfast was the hardest thing for me to figure out how to turn into Primal. It took me about two years of transitioning from normal cereal, to sprouted grain cereal, to sprouted grain bread, to gluten-free bread, to yogurt, to finally not caring what meal was which and eating a steak for breakfast. I'd say give him time and show him some of the awesome suggestions these people are posting. He might find one that will work for him, be it rice cereal, yogurt with nut granola, or something else.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
        Did Grok (praise be upon him) eat tekka nigiri? You have your answer.
        Your entire premise is flawed if you think simply because something did not exist in grok days it is somehow fattening or unhealthy. It is a great starting point but not a simple conclusion. Besides, I guess over 8,000 years of farming rice is not recent enough.. yep rice has been so bad for us

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by statikcat View Post
          Your entire premise is flawed if you think simply because something did not exist in grok days it is somehow fattening or unhealthy. It is a great starting point but not a simple conclusion. Besides, I guess over 8,000 years of farming rice is not recent enough.. yep rice has been so bad for us
          Fact: Humanity is unhealthy and sick now.
          Fact: Grok (praise be upon him) was always fit and healthy.

          It is therefore impeccable logic that everything Grok (praise be upon him) ate and did is healthy for us, and anything he did not do is unhealthy.
          http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by statikcat View Post
            Your entire premise is flawed if you think simply because something did not exist in grok days it is somehow fattening or unhealthy. It is a great starting point but not a simple conclusion. Besides, I guess over 8,000 years of farming rice is not recent enough.. yep rice has been so bad for us
            Just because something promotes short term survival, does not mean it promotes optimal health. I'm not anti-rice or anti-carb, but there is really nothing that supports the idea that rice has been good for health - other than the fact that it keeps people from starving to death.
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

            http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
              It is therefore impeccable logic that everything Grok (praise be upon him) ate and did is healthy for us, and anything he did not do is unhealthy.
              Damnit.. now clothes and toilet paper are not primal
              I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for everybody, and I don't believe there is one correct way of eating for a person through every stage of their life

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                Nothing will ever make me hate salad. There are few things on Earth better than a quality chicken caesar salad. Food of the Gods.
                Maybe you haven't traveled Earth too often ? ...

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by jammies View Post
                  This forum has now reached the point where every single thread is hijacked.

                  Can't someone just get some fricking suggestions for alternatives to breakfast without all this BS erupting?
                  The long answer? No.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    ="jammies"]
                    This forum has now reached the point where every single thread is hijacked.

                    Can't someone just get some fricking suggestions for alternatives to breakfast without all this BS erupting?
                    The first page is quite full of suggestions. The OP might have tried some ? A thread cannot be closed, so I guess BS cannot be avoided eventually. See it as entropy or lint build-up ...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Can't tell if you are even being that serious but..

                      Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                      It is therefore impeccable logic that everything Grok (praise be upon him)
                      ate and did is healthy for us,
                      I too follow that guideline but using absolutes like "everything" may be a stretch.

                      Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                      and anything he did not do is unhealthy.
                      You lost basic reasoning here. You could debate anything he did not do is unnecessary but not unhealthy.
                      Last edited by statikcat; 10-17-2013, 02:51 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by marc View Post
                        Tell your husband to avoid Potatoes, Bread, Grains and to join the Holy Church of the G.I Index and that he should make at least 4 anti-nutrient prayers a day.



                        Anything that gives off pleasure should be avoided. Tea, Coffee, Cocoa all evil.
                        I don't eat nuts, because I think there are far superior pleasurable foods out there. Chocolate and ice cream are a food group, IMO.
                        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                        Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          good thing mark has the 80/20 rule. except nobody actually reads the book anymore and everyone gets caught up in the "how hard can I paleo" mentality. 80/20. that means of the 20 meals you eat in a week, 4 of them can be absolute crap and according to mark, the author of the primal blueprint, you're still perfectly primal. 80/20. so for all the softheads stressing over soda and gummy bears and a slice of pizza...stop acting like Nazis and remember the 80/20 rule
                          +1

                          Food nazism is just plain cray.
                          A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                          Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X