Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I eat 65% fat but my husband wants cereal.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing will ever make me hate salad. There are few things on Earth better than a quality chicken caesar salad. Food of the Gods.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

What most people said. A bowl of cereal isn't going to kill him. Either try and substitute it with something else or let it go.
      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but nuts are full of anti-nutrients.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        Wheat-based cereal was the last thing my Sweetie let go of, he just really liked eating something crunchy with milk in the morning. One day he ran out and I "forgot" to buy any more (I do most of the grocery shopping.)

What I make for him now is nut "cereal". I put a mixture of nuts (almonds, cashews, Brazil nuts, etc., NOT peanuts) into the blender and pulse it 'till it's chunky and there's a little bit of nut powder. I mix in some melted coconut oil and a lot of cinnamon, spread it on a cookie sheet, and bake it at 250F for 10-15 minutes. When cooled, I mix in some chopped dried cranberries, dried cherries, and dried apricots. It's crunchy and it never gets soggy in milk! I usually make a big batch every couple weeks and freeze part of it (it thaws quickly at room temperature).

Sweetie uses less of this than he did of his wheat cereal because it's more filling, and he sometimes puts frozen berries over the top. He still gets his carbs via the dried and frozen fruit, but none of the anti-nutrients that are in grains.

When I'm done with my Whole30 I'm going to take a small amount of this "cereal" and mix it with melted dark chocolate, for a treat.
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          What are you talking about dude? No one can possibly dislike meat and vegetables!
          I have nothing really against meat and vegetables. Unless that's all I'm eating. I just feel like them at all for breakfast and it doesn't put me in good stead for the rest of the day when it comes to energy and mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
            I like meat, hate vegetables.
            Ditto, except for maybe potatoes and kumara.

I don't understand how some people in my staffroom can eat mounds of lettuce/carrot/tomato - like, literally about the size of my head of rabbit food). It's mind boggling.
            Dark chocolate and coffee, running through my veins...

Fitocracy Workout Tracker:
            https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/Shadowknight137/?feed
            MFP Food Diary:
            http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Shadowknight137
            (Date is New Zealand Time UTC+ 12hours)

Comment

This forum has now reached the point where every single thread is hijacked.

Can't someone just get some fricking suggestions for alternatives to breakfast without all this BS erupting?
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                I have a real problem with consuming nuts, they really inflame me. But it seems like some people tolerate them really well. I wonder if specific subsets of people are more sensitive to certain anti-nutrients/lectins.....
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
                  Many, many times more than grains. Nuts have on average the highest anti-nutrient content of "typical" foods. The only thing that rivals them is cocoa powder and coffee grounds. I believe almonds contain ten times more anti-nutrients than wheat.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowknight137 View Post
                    Ditto, except for maybe potatoes and kumara.

I don't understand how some people in my staffroom can eat mounds of lettuce/carrot/tomato - like, literally about the size of my head of rabbit food). It's mind boggling.
                    I'm not much for lettuce (unless using it for a wrap) but I can ingest copious amounts of spinach/kale along with various other veggies in a salad... Usually comes after a nice steak/pork chop/etc., but there's nothing wrong with a good salad.
                    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                    SW (Feb 2012): 278
                    SBF: 26% (Scale)
                    CW (Sept 2015): 200
                    CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

Tell your husband to avoid Potatoes, Bread, Grains and to join the Holy Church of the G.I Index and that he should make at least 4 anti-nutrient prayers a day.

Anything that gives off pleasure should be avoided. Tea, Coffee, Cocoa all evil.

Comment

I've been eating a primal diet for 3.5 years....but I included raw milk, too.
                        After a year or 2 of eating eggs and bacon I got so sick of meat in general I started to lighten up. Last year winter I couldn't take it anymore. The constant obsession over nutrients and whats primal and what isn't, drove me nuts and I finally said 'f*ck it".

On top of trying to be primal, and curing myself from EVERYTHING, and trying to prevent future cancer etc...I became obsessed and found that I had nothing else to talk or think about in life...and found no joy other than my obsession with being primal.

I will continue to remain mostly primal but found that the occasional coffee or un-organic tomato won't kill me. We will all wilt later in life, some faster than others depending on how much quality nutrition is stored within your cells. Menopause/Andropause will come and you will all find that what you ate two decades ago will make a huge difference in wether you enter the last years of your life with good health and joy or with sickness and suffering.

All you 20 year olds stop obsessing... nobody can stick to this 100% at all times. Things happen in life that will throw you off the wagon sooner or later, vacation food, air plane food, hospital food, cafeteria food, visiting a relative 2 states away with nothing but bread and marmalade in the fridge, etc...

You cannot be 100% at all times, you'd have to live in a bubble (on another planet without phalates and Fukushima).

Comment

Originally posted by Issabeau View Post
                          stop obsessing... nobody can stick to this 100% at all times.
                          good thing mark has the 80/20 rule. except nobody actually reads the book anymore and everyone gets caught up in the "how hard can I paleo" mentality. 80/20. that means of the 20 meals you eat in a week, 4 of them can be absolute crap and according to mark, the author of the primal blueprint, you're still perfectly primal. 80/20. so for all the softheads stressing over soda and gummy bears and a slice of pizza...stop acting like Nazis and remember the 80/20 rule

Comment

In what world is sushi fattening? That is ridiculous assuming you avoid the bs rolls with all the sauces.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                              Many, many times more than grains. Nuts have on average the highest anti-nutrient content of "typical" foods. The only thing that rivals them is cocoa powder and coffee grounds. I believe almonds contain ten times more anti-nutrients than wheat.
                              Aren't these anti-nutrients really only slightly anti one or two minerals? I don't think anyone can accurately measure that a significant amount of overall depletion is occurring if your diet is otherwise well rounded. Plus, you can't discount the minerals the nuts are actually providing. That being said most people are not going to eat like a meals worth of nuts anyway so it probably does not matter much either way.

Comment

Originally posted by statikcat View Post
                                In what world is sushi fattening? That is ridiculous assuming you avoid the bs rolls with all the sauces.
                                Did Grok (praise be upon him) eat tekka nigiri? You have your answer.
                                http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                                X