Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much carbs cause insulin spike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I'll be sticking to my bacon, eggs, and avocado breakfast. Congratulations on a good whole foods approach.
    Man, I do eat those as well!! Like after work, I sometimes make myself 6 slowly fried eggs in butter and some bacon to taste. I am not big on avocados though but once in a while with sardines, fresh tomatoes, balsamico, cucumbers, rucola, yeah

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Omni View Post
      It's not about stopping carbs, it's about the constant drip feeding, step back and let your body do what it was designed for.
      The person I was replying to intimated that constant carb feeding would reduce insulin sensitivity, which seems counterproductive. And I've also not seen any evidence that it's true. Nor have I seen any evidence that carbohydrates cause leptin dysfunction, as you said. Proof?

      Comment


      • #63
        The only problem with constant carbohydrate feeding would be if it consistently pushes you into a caloric surplus. Otherwise, assuming adequate intake of other macronutrients, why would it be an issue, Omni?
        My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

        Comment


        • #64
          Its unbelievable the bullshit people make up about carbohydrates!
          Any who, I'm going to have a lovely cup of Yorkshire Tea with a blob of honey, hopefully I won't turn into a carb addict afterwards.... Bread is the Devil, Potatoes are crack, Sugar rushes are evil!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by marc View Post
            Its unbelievable the bullshit people make up about carbohydrates!
            Any who, I'm going to have a lovely cup of Yorkshire Tea with a blob of honey, hopefully I won't turn into a carb addict afterwards.... Bread is the Devil, Potatoes are crack, Sugar rushes are evil!
            Sounds awesome! Make sure you add some butter to slow down the glucose rush.... (kidding)
            My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
              Sounds awesome! Make sure you add some butter to slow down the glucose rush.... (kidding)
              Watcha gonna do, when the Hydrogen Peroxide comes running wild over you, brotha'

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                Sounds awesome! Make sure you add some butter to slow down the glucose rush.... (kidding)
                Actually, butter gives tea a nice round taste. Just for flavor, it is worth it. Just saying, honey and butter is a nice combo

                Comment


                • #68
                  Thanks to all for making this a well-balanced discussion. Nice to see the purist Paleo or low-carb ideas being challenged once in a while. :-)

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I actually stopped reading after the first few posts , I hate when u guys fight about if carbs r good or bad . Everyone just eat wat they tolerate and like . Really end of story!!

                    Sent from my EK-GC100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I guess I always run into the same question when I the whole "carbs good or evil" debate come up....

                      What are you trying to do?
                      What is the goal of someone that is "purist Paleo" vs a Peat follower vs Primal?

                      If the goal is to be jacked up defined, strong as an ox and look like a cover model, that is ONE set of answers.....if the goal is to be healthy, have good blood panels and have energy, that is a different answer.

                      Not that complicated, but it never gets prefaced the way it should.
                      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                        The person I was replying to intimated that constant carb feeding would reduce insulin sensitivity, which seems counterproductive. And I've also not seen any evidence that it's true. Nor have I seen any evidence that carbohydrates cause leptin dysfunction, as you said. Proof?
                        Originally posted by jakejoh10 View Post
                        The only problem with constant carbohydrate feeding would be if it consistently pushes you into a caloric surplus. Otherwise, assuming adequate intake of other macronutrients, why would it be an issue, Omni?
                        If you need proof go out and look for it, if you don't then don't, opinions seem to be the flavour of the day here.

                        My take on it is that we need to cycle our fat stores and exercise all aspects of our metabolism, constant feeding counters this process. High GI carbohydrate foods were not available to us 24/7 historically, they were intermittant and seasonal and our body evolved to take advantage of these times, so I believe they are more binge foods and our bodies are well adapted to consuming large quantities of them, but I do not believe we are as well adapted to having a constant supply. I think this applies to food in general prior to the neolithic period feeding was nearly always preceded by physical exertion, for this we needed to mobilize energy reserves, so our energy stores were always in a state of flux volume wise, not equilibrium.

                        If your fridge is stocked normally, but you never use anything from it and instead live off take away food, the volume does not change but eventually all the food in the fridge goes off and you end up with a stinking mess, in a very general way I think that's the state of may peoples adipose tissue.
                        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Omni View Post
                          Well what's you're story?
                          I don't have a story. I was just wondering what evidence you have that eating regulary or in Zachs case drinking orange juice regularly is bad providing you're within calorie balance?
                          And "What I think Grok might have done" isn't a good reply.
                          Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 10-14-2013, 08:59 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I'm not arguing about meal frequency, Omni. I pointed out there's no support for the claim that eating several small meals of carbohydrates per day actually induces insulin resistance.

                            I think fasting and eating one or two meals a day is super, but that wasn't what I was arguing against.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                              I don't have a story. I was just wondering what evidence you have that eating regulary or in Zachs case drinking orange juice regularly is bad providing you're within calorie balance?
                              And "What I think Grok might have or have not have done" isn't a good reply.
                              It's as good as any of the replies I've seen.
                              We have a vast number of unsubstantiated claims being countered with more unsubstantiated claims, it's all opinion.

                              You want proof, go find it, if you don't then don't.
                              "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                You want us to provide proof of opposing claims so we prove can ourselves wrong?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X