How much carbs cause insulin spike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Rx View Post
    I hope we all can agree that constantly elevated insulin levels from grazing all day long will increase resistance.There is a ton of clinical evidence that a low carb diet can reset resistance, myself included. Of course weight loss doesn't hurt.
    Agreed, the constant feeding is the biggest problem with CW diet, we need to stop and apreciate the hungry feeling sometimes rather than constantly supressing it with an overload of food, hell some people even make pre-emptive strikes just to make sure they don't get hungry.
    Last edited by Omni; 10-13-2013, 10:48 PM.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
      At what age should people stop eating carbohydrates, then?
      It's not about stopping carbs, it's about the constant drip feeding, step back and let your body do what it was designed for.
      "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Who says its not designed to constantly handle a flow of carbs? If i sipped on OJ literally all day long, how many days until im diabetic?

Comment

Go ahead and do it, then report back in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
            Go ahead and do it, then report back in 5 years.
            So itd take 5 years? What about durian whos gone ten years? I bet hes got a near constant supply of sugar going in. No signs of insulin resistance.

Comment

Don't know what his state is?
              Isn't he the 30BAD guy, bananas have a lot of resistant starch which our microbiota convert to SCT's.
              Besides from bit's I've seen he is very physically active, which is a far cry from knocking down your OJ and tapping the keyboard.

Comment

Don't know what his state is?
                Isn't he the 30BAD guy, bananas have a lot of resistant starch which our microbiota convert to SCT's.
                Besides from bit's I've seen he is very physically active, which is a far cry from knocking down your OJ and tapping the keyboard.
                Nah he drinks most his calories. Yes lots of overripe bananas (very little starch) and dates. Hes also made a point to add a lb of sugar a day for like a year to try and spike trigs. No luck.

Yea hes pretty active but hes certainly a lazy guy too, spends a lot of time online.

Comment

Well, only time will tell.
                  Best you can do is place your bets and wait for the wheel to stop.

Comment

The dental community in the UK has been against drinking fruit juice for years, and they are even less progressive than the US
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Well, only time will tell.
                      Best you can do is place your bets and wait for the wheel to stop.
                      Meh but 10 years (even 5) is a heck of a long time to hold your breath. You will see warning signs much wuicker then that i think. I developed many warning signs with a heavy fat diet in only 2 years.

Comment

That list of ingredients is a no-eat-it. Whole wheat, sugar, MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, NATURAL FLAVOR?! This is poison.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

At what age should people stop eating carbohydrates, then?
                          When amylase production drops, usually early teens IIRC.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            Meh but 10 years (even 5) is a heck of a long time to hold your breath. You will see warning signs much wuicker then that i think. I developed many warning signs with a heavy fat diet in only 2 years.
                            That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever hear...so all those walking walls out there were born that way? They saw it coming and just kept going? I think not...there is a level of addiction and denial that goes on, the proof is in the numbers.

PS "wuicker" than that....really? 5 min ago you tried to disparage me with a correctly spelled typo...
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                              That is about the most ignorant statement I have ever hear...so all those walking walls out there were born that way? They saw it coming and just kept going? I think not...there is a level of addiction and denial that goes on, the proof is in the numbers.

PS "wuicker" than that....really? 5 min ago you tried to disparage me with a correctly spelled typo...
                              Lol, correcting a typo with that paragraph above? I honestly couldnt understand your post when i quoted. Plus im on an iphone, your on a computer. :P

Carbs dont make people fat, calories do.

Knife, sugar, bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                                Fine, suck your OJ every 30 min's and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X